twelve*

"stay here with me." Bucky whined, wrapping his arms around the girl waist. "i wish i could, but they already pulled me from missions, and the only way i can go back to fighting is if i go to therapy." Makenna told Bucky, as she untangled herself from his arms.

"it's bullshit." Bucky rolled his eyes, as he sat up to look at the brunette. "i know." Makenna agreed, as she pulled on a pair of panties, "why do you think i'm not speaking to them." "yeah." Bucky nodded, as the girl pulled his black henley shirt over her head.

"i'll be back in an hour though." Makenna shrugged, as she stepped into her black and white plaid pajama pants. "okay." Bucky smiled, as he laid back down in the girls bed, "i'll sleep for another hour."

"okay." she nodded, walking over to the edge of the bed and kissing the man, "i'll lock the door on my way out." "okay." he hummed, before he kissed her one more time.

. . .

"how are you and James?" Raynor asked, as Makenna walked around her office. "good." Makenna smiled, as she glanced over the stuff on Raynor's desk. "well, that's good." the doctor nodded, writing in her notebook.

"did you tell my father and Steve that i should be pulled from missions?" Makenna asked, as she stared out the window. "no." Raynor shook her head, looking over at the brunette. "okay." Makenna nodded, as she continued to pace the room.

"i wanna talk about your anxiety today." Raynor stated, turning to a new page in her notebook. "i don't have anxiety." Makenna denied as she started to crack her knuckles.

"Makenna, be realistic. you do have anxiety." Dr. Raynor said, looking over to the girl, who was now picking at her hands, "you completely struggle to relinquish control to anyone."

"no, i don't." the brunette shook her head. "you choose both sides in the Accords. you fought for both sides. that is an example of you not being able to give anyone else control. i also heard about your panic attack in Vienna. you vape to have temporary high, that helps calm the anxiety that you feel." Dr. Raynor explained.

Makenna just went silent and continued to pace the room. "but, there was one situation i heard about where you did give up some control." Raynor stated, pointing her pen towards the girl. "oh yeah?" Makenna asked, with an eye roll.

"you let James face the door when you went out last week, but i also know you were strapped." the older woman recalled the event. "yeah. i did." Makenna nodded.

the session seemed to drag and Makenna couldn't get out of there fast enough. the girl didn't even bother taking the elevator and opted to just teleport to her floor.

. . .

"how was therapy?" Steve asked, as the girl appeared in the kitchen. "fine." she said quickly, before teleporting into her room.

to find Bucky laying in her bed. "hi." she sighed, slipping off her shoes and going and climbing back into bed. "hey, doll." Bucky smiled, as Makenna crawled into his arms, "how was therapy?"

"she made me talk about my anxiety, and healthy ways to cope with it." Makenna rolled her eyes. "yeah?" Bucky asked, as he ran his hands through the girls hair. "yeah, and talking about my anxiety makes me more anxious." Makenna nodded, feeling her eyes fall heavy.

"take a nap, darling." Bucky suggested, feeling as Makenna melted into him. "i just woke up though." Makenna yawned, looking up at Bucky. "so. it's sunday. take the day to rest." Bucky said, watching as she nodded and closed her eyes once more.

. . .

Makenna's eyes shot open, and she sat up quickly. this woke Bucky up, who must have fallen back to sleep. Makenna was gripping her chest, as she panted and tears streamed down her face.