prologue

season two episode eighteen'yesterday'

'yesterday'

"You know he's acting like I committed a crime. Like my apartment is full of stolen goods" Cristina complained as she sauntered into the locker room, "he's acting like I kept my apartment to hide stuff so I can do illegal transplants for money"

"Are you sure he's not just acting like you lied about moving in?" Meredith fired back from her spot on the bench.

"What the hells wrong with you?"

"My mommy's a filthy whore" Meredith replied looking up at her persons, who both stared at wide eyed not knowing how to answer her.

"What's the deal with you and evil spawn?" Cristina then asked causing Charlotte to look up from her locker, "what?"

"You two have been spending an awful lot of time together, in the on call rooms" Cristina quirked an eyebrow causing the Shepherd woman to roll her eyes.

"The sex is good" she shrugged as she left the locker room. It was no secret to anyone in the hospital that alex karev and charlotte shepherd were close, they had a weird relationship.

One minute they were each others best friend then the other they would find themselves in each others beds.

Each not having an explanation for why it had happened, but they still continued anyway

"Cristinas on to us" charlotte said as she jogged to catch up with alex, "huh?" He questioned, clearly confused on to what the girl was going on about.

"She said to me, and I quote 'what's the deal with you and evil spawn'" - Cristina Yang 2008

"Was it meant to be a secret.. or?" He phrased as if it was a question, still having no idea what the issue was.

"I don't-" before she could even finish her sentence, someone she hadn't seen in years caught her eye.

"No fucking way" she mumbled as it finally registered who Meredith was talking to, Mark Sloan.

Before she could even inspect the situation further, Mark was on the floor after Derek had punched him.

It was deserved Charlotte thought.

"My head of neurosurgery punching out people on my surgical floor!" Webber shouted as Charlotte stormed into the conference room.