01: the case of the forgotten sandwiches

season three episode one'time has come today'

'time has come today'

"Okay. she's been in there all night, we have to do something" George sighed as the five interns stood outside Meredith's bathroom door. It was the morning after the prom (more like the night of disasters), Denny Duquette was dead and Izzie Steven's had quit her job.

Hence why the interns were stood outside of the bathroom.

"Why are you all looking at me?" Meredith asked noticing how all of the group were looking at her, "this is familiar territory for you"

"There is nothing familiar about this. Unfamiliar. Denny died. The man she loves died."

"Yeah but your dark and twisty" Charlotte said from her spot between Cristina and Alex (who she didn't even realise was at her house and had no idea how he had got in but thought it wasn't the right time to ask.)

"Dark and twisty?" The Grey woman questioned, clearly offended at how she was presumed by her friends.

"The mother with Alzheimer's, the father you don't talk to"

"And the tequila thing and the inappropriate men-"

"You are dark and twisty and now Izzie is dark and twisty"

"So I'm the president of people with crappy lives?" She then asked, "Eye eye captain" The brunette fake saluted earning a death glare from Meredith.

"Seriously, we have to do something, someone has to go in there" George said as the group were out of options.

♡︎

"Why are you cooking?" The Shepherd woman furrowed brows as she walked into the kitchen, "she's making sandwiches, you can barely call that cooking" Cristina argued from her spot on the counter.

"It's what you do when someone dies!"

"Isn't that just shiva?" Charlotte then questioned as she grabbed an apple out of the fridge, "is it shiva if she's catholic?"

"We should just order food"

"Sandwich's are comfort food" Meredith said as she took a bite out of her 'cooking'. "What's wrong with you?" Cristina asked noticing how bizarre the Grey woman was acting.

"Everything is fine. It's Izzie we're worried about" Meredith was quick to defend herself, "What did you do?"

"I lost my panties last night"