005

| ZURI

| ZURI

7:30pm

Zuri and Nilah have been at the hospital
for a minute. We were trying to call his mom but she wasnt answering. "She must still be at work." Notti says silently. Nilah nods her head. Meanwhile Zuri was staring at the boy trying to figure out where she knew him from. Then she knew, she remembered when she was in head start and that was her only bestfriend. She had to move away, about 30 mins from her school so she couldnt see him again. But she was worried that he wouldnt remember her.

"oms i hope that nigga ndot dead bru." Ddot says shaking his head in shame. "nah i know he is cs i was shooting this nigga eyeballs out as he was screaming.. the bitch ran." Notti saying shrugging. Zuri blinked outta her thoughts as that last sentence notti spoke caught her off guard. Now Zuri feels like if she fuck up sum, she gon be next. But maybe she thinks she's overreacting, nah this girl scared of notti.

A nurse comes in and tells us that dd is getting stitches any minute now so we have to step out the room. We all nod our heads as we follow behind ddot to the lobby.

- Its been about 1 1/2 hours before the nurse comes to tell us he will be able to come home tonight. That was surprising because normally it would take longer than that. Zuri and the others followed the nurse to the surgery room as they seen dd wide awoken. "Hey mh u feeling alr." Notti says walking towards the hospital bed. "Yea mh im not hurting as much.. must be a blessing from God." He says as his eyes lower. "You still on them sleeping meds, but once the nurse come back with you wheelchair, we going go home." Ddot says.

Zuri was planning to talk to dd, yk, reunite. She was worried tht he might not remember the girl. Soon, the nurse came in with his wheelchair as Notti and Ddot carry him into it. "Man ion wanna be in this." Dd says smacking his lips. "Nigga u only gon be in this shi for a couple of days chill." Ddot says rolling his eyes. "a couple days my ass." Dd says. Notti laughs.

- They all make it to Notti's house. Nilah invited Zuri over to show her where she rlly grew up. She showed her around and the old trampoline they would play on. After she was done showing Zuri around she introduced her to their mom and sister. "hol on best, im finna have talk to Melz and her bby.. ill be back stay with dd." she says.

Zuri look at dd to see he is in pain as she comes over there to "introduce" myself. "Hey im Zuri and im guessing ur dd." I say shaking his hand. "Hey Zuri, I heard Nilah talk about u alot." he says. "Aww, anyways I needa talk to u.." Zuri says sitting next to him. "about?" he says tilting his head. "Well i lowkey recognize you so, is ur real name David Reyes?" She asked. "Damn so u federal, federal?" He jokes. "No boy, I just all of a sudden recognized that u were my childhood bsfn when I visited u at the hospital.. you know, Mildwood Elementary? Back in headstart." Zuri says trying to put it in his head. He thinks and then suddenly his eyebrows raised. "Aw shii u was gngg!" He says smiling big.

Zuri gazed into his eyes and grins. She was worried how he'd been and she finally meets him again. "how u been." she asked. "lowkey.. I been feeling down lately like back then was life but shi ain it rn. And yk the gang shi is lowkey stressful." He says lowering his head. Zuri scoots over to give him a hug as she trips on his wheelchair. "oh shi." She says falling onto the couch. Notti comes in laughing so hard as he lowers to the floor dying. "bro u got me laughing so hard im finna pee ms bru brb." he says still laughing as he enters the bathroom.

Zuri chuckles a lil and noticed dd was lowkey embarrassed and she tries to make him feel better. "want ta hang out more, i miss our friendship and we need our bond back frl." Zuri says as he looks over and nods his head . "Igh im back yall that was funny." Notti says joining the couch. He was acting funny . Zuri looks over at him and rolls her eyes. He mugs her as he reaches for the tv and turns on some music.

"Yo dd , remember when we used to listen ta this as kids.. come on and sing ts and leave tht btch alone." He says. "Wht i say bout tht bitch word hoe play wit me again." Zuri says . "Or what." He says putting his hands on his hips. Zuri liked how the boy was getting sassy wit her.. it was some what attractive but she didnt let that show. She just rolls her eyes and pulls out her phone. Dd shakes him head and starts rapping as their fav part comes on.

- Zuri was over the boys house for a while now and Notti was weirdly staying close with dd and Zuri. Like he would not let them be alone with each other. It was giving jealousy. Ddot had left early and Zuri was getting very annoyed by the boys act so she went ahead and headed over to Melz room, where Nilah was. She got her attention and told her that she was going home. Zuri pulled out her phone to tell her mom that she was on the way home. She then thought about the fact she was about to walk home late at night. That was a bad idea. "Nilah can you walk with me home?" Zuri yelled from the living room. "I got it." Dd says. "Nigga no u dont, how u gon save her if she get snatched up.. u in a wheelchair get tf." Notti says standing up. Notti was being awfully mean to his brother, normally he would be nicer. I mean they would argue lots of times but he would never go so deep about the fact he got stabbed not more than 5 hours ago.

Zuri lowkey liked the fact that Notti wanted to walk her home, obviously because she likes the boy. But one thing she didnt like was his disrespect, especially to her childhood bestfriend.

A/N: Im so sorry I took forever to make another chapter but school is literally kicking my ass so lemme process 😭