Touchy (Regina George) (*)

Summary: Y/n and Regina have been secretly dating for almost a month without anyone knowing. Everything is fine, but, Gretchen can't figure out why Regina acts so differently around Y/n.

A/N: I know there's a (*), it's not full-on smut, but I felt like it needed a warning.

Gretchen POV:

"Hey, how was your class?" I greet Regina as I sit down next to her. She doesn't look up from her phone. Instead, she puts her other airpod in and ignores me. Karen joins us after a few minutes of awkward silence, and she takes them out.

"Hiiiii," Karen exclaims as she sits down, almost tripping over her own feet.

"Hi, Kar, how was your class?" I ask, repeating the same question I had asked Regina a few minutes ago.

"Oh, I didn't go," Karen replies cheerfully. "I spent the entire block chasing after this weird shadow that kept following me." Regina looks up and frowns at Karen before exchanging a look with me.

"That's your shadow," I explain to Karen, watching the realization dawn on her face.

"Ohhhhh, that's why it kept following me. That makes sense," I let out a small chuckle and turn to look at Regina.

"Regina, are you going to get lunch from the caf or-" I start

"I'm on a diet, God, Gretchen! Maybe if you stopped acting so fucking annoying, Jason wouldn't be crouch-sitting with Taylor Wedell right now!" Regina scoffs at me, crossing her arms and looking down at her phone. My eyes widen and I look around, trying to find Jason. My eyes land on the pair and I feel the stinging sensation of tears in my eyes.

I turn back towards our table and Karen pouts at me, sending me an apologetic look. I fake a smile and take a sip of water, trying to calm myself down.

"Maybe they're just friends," She points out, shrugging her shoulders. I look up and furrow my eyebrows at her.

"Look at them, Karen, he has his arms wrapped around her!" I exclaim, crossing my arms as well. Regina rolls her eyes and looks up.

"They're hooking up, they have been since the start of the year." She explains nonchalantly before looking back down at her phone again. I let out a little gasp and Regina looks back up. "Gretch, you didn't seriously think he was 'trying out monogamy for you', did you? That was obviously bullshit," She scolds me, her tone patronizing.

Before I can respond, Regina tilts her head, smiling a little before quickly going back to her usual resting bitch face. I hear footsteps approaching our table and I already know who is about to sit down.

Y/n.

She greets us with a smile on her face and goes to sit down next to Karen but Regina raises an eyebrow and she moves over to our side of the table, slipping down next to Regina.

"Hi, how was Bio?" She asks Regina who immediately puts her phone away and smiles at the y/h/c girl.

"Good, confusing, but good," She jokes, her hand reaching out to play with a strand of Y/n's hair. "Did you have English right before this?" She asks, reaching out for Y/n's waist and pulling her closer. I narrow my eyes at the pair before exchanging a look with Karen, the confused one we always exchange whenever Regina starts to act like this.

"Yeah, I did, it was relaxing, we're starting a new book today so all I had to do was read," Y/n explains, pulling back for a second to grab something from her bag. "I made cookies, do you want one?" She asks Regina, before turning towards Karen and me. "Would you guys like some cookies, I made them last night while I was studying," Karen nods her head quickly and reaches out to grab one.