Chapter Four

Hey. So, what do you think? Am I hyprocrite?? ;) Haha. So, this is still going to be told through Kaida's eyes. What do y'all think of her? What about Fallon? Well, thanks for reading. It means a lot. Don't forget to comment and vote!

I felt like I had just been hit by a dragon. What had they just said? I was some "chosen one?" No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I was just me. I wasn't some powerful person. I was Kaida. The girl with no last name because of my father.

"Kaida?" Merlin asked, laying a soothing hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at him angrily. This was his fault. He made everyone think that I was someone I wasn't. And I was not the "chosen one." And I would never be. For some reason, the thought saddened me.

"What do you want?" I snapped, turning so that my back was to him once more. I wanted to go back to how things were before all of this. We were now on the brink of war and I was their weapon. I was only sixteen. They couldn't really expect me to fight in a war, could they? It was absurd.

Kill him, Kaida. Do it. Fight for Fallon. Come on. The voice inside my head whispered. I shook my head.

"No!" I shouted angrily even though the voice was in my head. "NO!" I shouted louder, covering my ears in hopes of getting rid of the voice inside of my head.

"Kaida? What's wrong?" Merlin asked, turning me to face him. I glared at him. Everything was his fault! He messed everything up!

Go ahead, Kaida. He said it himself. You have the power to kill him. Go ahead and do it. Kill the sick and twisted bastard who messed up everything. You can do it. It'll end everything.

"NO!" I shouted louder than I ever had. It wouldn't shut up! I was going insane! It was killing me!

"Kaida! Calm down and tell me what's going on," Merlin said, staring at me. I felt so angry. It was the voice in my head. It was doing this. I had to get it to shut up.

I said to kill him! Kill him now! Fight in the war for Fallon! Kill Merlin and everything will be over. You just have to kill Merlin. Kill him now! The voice yelled louder than ever. It was awful and my hears felt as though they were bleeding. What was wrong with me?

"It's the voice," I said, trying to cover up the sound. It was ripping me in half. I was dying. I could feel it.

"I need you to stay calm. Okay? I'm going to try something," Merlin said, putting his hands on my head. I felt impossibly angry and then the voice disappeared, leaving my head empty.

"Kaida? Are you okay?" I heard Merlin's voice ask me distantly. I felt so weak all of a sudden. Maybe I could just close my eyes for a little bit. That would be okay. Wouldn't it?

I closed my eyes, my eyelids too heavy to keep open. I felt so tired and my limbs felt as though they were filled with sand. I felt myself slowly drift away to the world of the sleeping. Then everything went black.

I woke up several hours later laying in my bed. I sat up sleepily and rubbed my eyes. I wondered distantly who had brought me to my room when I heard my bedroom door open. It was very dark outside. It was probably early in the morning. So, who was in my room?

I glanced over at my nightstand and reached for the dagger laying there when something grabbed my hand. I wanted to scream, but my throat was too thick with fear for any sound other than a squeak to escape my lips.

"Hello there, darling," I heard the unmistakable voice of Fallon whisper as he walked over to me. If he was there, then who was holding my hand? I glanced over fearfully and saw my father standing there. That couldn't have been right. My father wouldn't do this.