his saviour

It was an unpleasantly cold winter's night; dark, mystifying, the moon was sheltered by the murky looming clouds.

Clary felt anxious and uneasy as she stood just outside where everyone was celebrating her brothers death. It was just a little past midnight, and Clary knew she needed to act fast if she was to undo what she has done before anyone noticed she'd left the room a few stories up.

Taking a deep, shaky breath as clouds of air appeared from her mouth like a dragon, she walked briskly, mentally preparing herself for the scene ahead which she had caused.

A shadow appeared as she turned the corner of the large house, a figure lying on the ground which Clary knew to be Sebastian.

He seemed to be lying at an awkward angle, and appeared to have broken a few bones by the way his arms and legs were positioned.

A wave of guilt splashed over Clarissa, imagining what her brother must have felt as he surged down from the window in her room, feeling betrayed and surely scared.
His body looks so broken, Clary thought.
What if he never recovers from the fall? He smashed his head off the ground, his bones look irreparable. And it's all my fault.

What am I thinking? This is the all powerful Jonathan Christopher Morgernstern. Injected with demon blood in the womb, immortal and more powerful than anyone and anything that has ever roamed this earth.

Clary kneeled beside her brother, gently stroking his fine white hair, trying hard to ignore the blood that stained his hair and trailed down to his sharp cheekbones.

Will he ever forgive me?

Suddenly, Clary heard footsteps approaching and knew she had to act fast.
Flicking through the pages in her sketchbook, she came to the page with the tune she has spent hours trying to conjure.

Pulling out her stele, she silently prayed to whatever angel could be looking down on her- if they could even look at her after they found out what she's doing, and began to draw on Sebastian's forehead- a large, red mark started to appear, which Clary hadn't expected and had never seen before.

She could hear the footsteps approaching, closer now.

What do I do now? Clary thought frantically, when she heard it. It was faint, but there.

A small breath from her brother could be heard, the rise of his chest.

Just as people started to appear around the corner, noticing the scene. Some called for Clary, warning her to stay back. One woman even cried out in rage, 'the devil has awoken! Who's idea was it to put that foolish girl in charge of killing it?'

Weird, red veins seemed to be appearing all over the icy white skin of Sebastian Morgernstern. They creeped from the rune and crawled all over his body, seeming to give him life. Clary gasped in a mixture of surprise, confusion and pure joy, as her brothers eyes shot open, the colour darker than she'd ever seen them before, like a jet black cat or the sky at midnight, but somehow, they seemed to be glowing.