Chapter 228

Chapter 228: Complain

At this moment, Mark was in a sorry state and furious. He had been the most respected young master of the Manoban Family since he was born, and his grandfather treated him as his most beloved grandson. When had he ever suffered such resentment? "B*tch! You're courting death!"

Mark roared angrily, his eyes filled with vicious hatred. He got up from the ground and raised his fist to swing at Jennie.

Mark thought that no matter what, he was a tall man. With this punch, Jennie would definitely kneel on the ground and beg him for mercy. At that time, he would tell his grandfather about this woman plotting against him and let his grandfather teach her and Lisa a lesson!

Before Mark's fist could land on Jennie, Jennie's fingers moved slightly. A pearl flicked out from her hand and ruthlessly hit Mark's mouth. Mark's mouth immediately swelled up.

Mark screamed. At the same time, Lisa, who was standing beside Jennie, raised his hand and grabbed Mark's wrist. He was terrifyingly strong. Mark's bones were about to break. His legs were trembling from the pain.

"Mark, it's fine if you're usually rude and unreasonable, but Jennie is your sister-in-law. How could you attack her? How dare you!" Lisa's eyes were cold as he continued to tighten his grip. At this moment, Mark was almost wailing like a ghost.

"You bastard, let go of me!" When Mark spoke, he felt that his mouth was sticky. He reached out and touched it. Instantly, his palm was covered in blood. He was so frightened that he almost fainted. "Blood, I'm bleeding! B*tch, how dare you hit me? I'll f*cking kill you!"

Mark's appearance of losing a tooth was extremely laughable. Jennie's smile became even more brilliant. She looked at Mark and said, "Please be polite to me. I'm Lisa's legal wife, your sister-in-law. You actually want to hit an elder? Then I'm afraid you have to ask if the Manoban Family's laws agree. Also, it was clearly you who wanted to hit me just now. Everyone saw it. Did you bite your lips when you spoke too viciously? How could you blame me?"

Mark covered his mouth. The pain was so intense that he almost wanted to kill someone. He glared at Jennie, but he immediately felt a cold gaze on him. He turned his head and Lisa was looking at him gloomily. "Mark, who are you going to kill?"

Lisa usually had a cold attitude towards his family. Perhaps it was because he didn't want to trouble his grandfather, so even if he had any conflicts with his second uncle's family, he wouldn't make things too ugly on the surface.

However, Lisa's tolerance and accommodation made Mark think that Lisa did not dare to go against him. After all, Lisa was only an illegitimate son. He could only tuck his tail between his legs in the Manoban Family, so he had never taken Lisa seriously.

However, at this moment, the gaze of the man in front of him was too terrifying, like a messenger from hell. Mark could not help but feel a sense of fear in his heart. He even wanted to turn around and escape.

Jennie also noticed the powerful and terrifying aura on Lisa's body. It was definitely not something an ordinary person could possess. It was more like a hunter who had walked out from slaughter and blood. It could bring about fear and pressure.

......

Mark glared at the two of them and reluctantly said, "Just you wait." Then, he quickly turned around and left.

Jennie crossed her arms and looked at Mark's figure. "Did he go to complain?"

Lisa hugged Jennie and patted her head. "Don't worry, I'll settle it. We've traveled for a long time, let's go eat something first."

Not long after, the two of them sat at the stone table in the courtyard. The servants brought up a fresh fruit platter for the season. Lisa fed a piece of kumquat to Jennie. Jennie leaned against Lisa's arm and narrowed her eyes lazily.

However, the quiet beauty did not last long. A woman dressed in jewelry rushed in from outside the door. "Dad, you have to seek justice for our Mark. Lisa actually bullied his brother for a woman. Look at the wound on Mark's mouth. It's too much!" The woman pinched her throat and cried. She sounded aggrieved and sad. Old Master Manoban appeared behind the woman.

Old Master Manoban walked in and saw that Lisa and Jennie were both there. He coughed and asked solemnly, "What's going on? Why is Mark injured?"

Just as Lisa was about to speak, Jennie walked to Old Master Manoban's side with a smile. She held Old Master Manoban's arm and said obediently, "Perhaps Mark accidentally bit his mouth when he was scolding me?"

"Bullshit!" Mark, who was hiding behind his mother, Wu Chun, looked at Jennie angrily. He pointed at Jennie's nose and said angrily, "You were the one who hit me!"