Chapter 214

Chapter 214: Give Up

"Yes, I'm Jennie's second brother, Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon's self-introduction was very special. He was clearly a very popular idol celebrity in the country. When he introduced himself, he could say that he was "Jeongyeon" or "Singer Jeongyeon", but he said that he was Jennie's second brother, Jeongyeon.

Because in Jeongyeon's heart, "Second Brother Jennie" was his most important identity.

Nayeon looked at him with sparkling eyes. "I'm Nini's best friend. I really didn't expect you to be Nini's second brother!"

Nayeon still remembered that she had expressed her love and admiration for Jeongyeon in front of Jennie in the past. At that time, Jennie had even hinted that Jeongyeon was not as good as she had imagined.

At that time, Nayeon did not understand why Jennie would say that. Jennie rarely expressed her attitude towards someone unless she really did not like that person. If Jeongyeon was Jennie's second brother, then all of this was not difficult to understand. After Jennie returned, the Kim family did not treat her well, and this naturally included Jeongyeon.

Although Nayeon admired Jeongyeon very much, if Jeongyeon had hurt her good friend, she would definitely not like him. She would even treat him as her enemy.

However, in the meeting room just now, she had also seen how much Jeongyeon cared and protected Jennie. Therefore, Jeongyeon must know that he was wrong now.

"You're Nini's good friend?" Jeongyeon's eyes widened. He grabbed Nayeon's arms and suddenly bent down to approach her. "Is what you said true?!"

When the three brothers rushed into the meeting room, Lisa was talking to Nayeon and Mr. Im. At that time, Jeongyeon was in a fit of anger and did not pay attention to Nayeon and her father.

Later on, when he found out that the three of them had misunderstood Lisa, Jisoo was very ashamed. After the conversation ended, he pulled him and Taehyung away and prepared to leave, so he didn't notice Nayeon.

He did not expect Nayeon to take the initiative to talk to him. Moreover, Nayeon was actually Jennie's best friend.

At this moment, Jeongyeon was very close to Nayeon. Nayeon had usually only seen Jeongyeon's handsome face on the screen and posters. At this moment, he was less than a centimeter away from her. She could even see the small mole under the corner of Jeongyeon's eye. Her heart instantly quickened.

......

"Yes, let go of me first. My arm hurts." It seemed like Jeongyeon was really agitated and didn't control the strength he used to grab her arm.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Jeongyeon hurriedly apologized. After letting go of Nayeon, he rubbed his hands excitedly and licked his lips. He said nervously, "Um, can I invite you to eat with us?"

A moment later, the three Kim brothers sat in the dining room with Nayeon. After ordering, Jeongyeon immediately looked at Nayeon. "Miss Im, you just said that you and Nini have known each other since you were young?"

Nayeon nodded. She was frightened by Jeongyeon's burning gaze and took a sip of juice nervously.

"Then, then can you tell us about Nini's childhood? Also, what does she usually like?" Jeongyeon asked anxiously, wishing he could capture Nayeon and shake out everything about Jennie in her mind.

"Or, did she usually mention us to you?" Taehyung asked nervously. After asking, he lowered his head in disappointment. "I guess she must have told you that she hates us very much."

Jisoo sighed. The eyes of a thirty-year-old man were filled with disappointment and frustration.

Nayeon put down the juice and coughed lightly. "Nini is my good friend. I know some things about her, but I'm sorry, I won't tell you about Nini's privacy." Although she liked Jeongyeon very much, she wasn't the kind of person who would betray her friends.

Jeongyeon sat back on the chair in disappointment and hugged his head in frustration. His voice was hoarse with a trace of pain. "Is this the punishment of the heavens? We don't even deserve to know about her now."

Nayeon looked at the three brothers' dejected expressions and felt very uncomfortable. She thought to herself that if the three of them had given Jennie a little warmth and care back then, things wouldn't have ended up like this.

Nayeon took a deep breath. "However, I can tell you that Jennie never hated you. She just... will never care about your attitude towards her again."

In other words, Jennie's expectations for family had long disappeared bit by bit during the days when the three Kim brothers were cold and mean to her.

"In other words," Jisoo's breathing was trembling, "she has already given up on us?"

If her heart was dead, she would never care anymore. Now, to Jennie, they were even worse than strangers.