Welcome and Goodbyes

"Naku, Aguerrong Aguerro!" Ria exclaimed, staring at Roxy and Archie's newborn baby.

"Anong Aguerrong-Aguerro? Pinagsasabi mo diyan Ate? Tingnan mo kaya, hawig ko naman!" Roxy retorted.

"Di eh, yung labi Archie, mata Archie... Parang yung ilong din ata."

"Parang di naman." Roxy countered.

"Hey, I heard that Roxy." Archie interjected, looking slightly offended.

Roxy glanced at Archie, noticing he was still wearing the same shirt he had on when he arrived at the hospital, with dark circles under his eyes more pronounced. She felt a pang of guilt for how she had treated him, yet grateful that he had come back for her in time.

"Fine, kamukha mo na." Roxy replied softly.

"You better agree, ang pogi ko kaya." Archie teased, while gently adjusting the baby's blanket.

"Ay wow, oh sige na. Pogi ka na." she conceded.

Archie's eyebrows furrowed as he observed Roxy's sudden change in demeanor, feeling a bit confused by her sudden agreement with him. He expected Roxy to counter him with witty retorts and insults, as she usually did.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Oo nga, masakit lang katawan ko pero okay lang ako." Roxy replied casually.

"Diba dapat, binabara mo na ko ngayon?" he questioned, still perplexed.

Roxy snorted and laughed.  "Tangek, bakit naman kita babarahin?"

"This is so weird." he muttered under his breath, still trying to make sense of the situation.

Suddenly, they heard a soft knock from outside, and the door opened gently as Sasha peeked in, followed by Z.

"Hi!" Sasha greeted them. "How are you guys?"

Roxy fell silent, feeling awkward with Sasha and Z's presence. Throughout her pregnancy, they had not been there, especially she had a strained relationship with Z.

"How are you, dear?" Sasha asked Roxy.

"Okay lang po, thank you po pala sa tulong niyo." Roxy replied politely.

"It's nothing, really. Besides, I know naman na your sister can't afford much." Sasha remarked. "Ang mahal kaya magka-baby."

Archie sighed and shooked his head and Ria raised an eyebrow, clearly irritated by Sasha's comment.

"Eto naman si madam, afford naman namin yung simple. Kayo lang tong demanding." Ria replied sarcastically.

As tension simmered between Ria and Sasha, Z approached Roxy's bed and placed a basket of fruits on the side table.

"Hi Roxy, oh you look... haggard?"

Archie's eyes widened, giving Z a stern look to quiet down, while Roxy forced a smile.

"Di talaga uso character development sa mag-inang to."

"No worries! Once you're feeling better, I'll give you a makeover," Z said, then turned to Archie. "Kuya, we've got some clothes for you and toiletries. Please go ligo na, you kinda smell na eh."

"Whatever, Z," Archie replied dismissively.

Sasha approached the newborn baby, who was deeply sleeping in the hospital cradle. She called Z over to take a look, the baby yawned and smiled.

"Awwww," Sasha and Z both said in unison.

"She is so perfect!" Sasha exclaimed, reaching out to lift the baby, but Ria stopped her.