Mile

I decided to surprise the family with tickets to London for a holiday. It had been long overdue, and with the stress caused by Calvin and his stupid wife, it was a real treat.

I also was hoping to propose to Man to marry me, and so I was discussing with the girls and Sister Nan on how to do it.

Soon, the trip rolled around, and we all took off. It was a really wonderful holiday, with plenty of sun, sights to see and take in and along with activities for all of us to do. I was desperately waiting for the day when we were heading to Hyde Park for a picnic. It was also the day I had planned to propose to Man.

Man was busy setting up the picnic when Sasha called him with a fake emergency at the toilet. He ran off to check on her. Sasha's job was to keep him distracted until Ellie, Sister Nan, and I had set up the fairy lights, the pictures of our family together, and a special surprise that no one else in the family was privy too.

Soon, Man joined us with Sasha and was completely taken aback. He was expecting to be proposed to but was taken aback when I asked for a family photo instead. They all huddled together for a shot, which was when I pulled out my surprise.

I pulled out 2 matching bracelets for both of my girls.

"Sasha and Ellie, marrying Man is something I have always wanted. But what I would want to know is, if you two would also agree to be sisters and Sasha, if I can have your permission too, to marry your father?"

There was absolute silence for a bit before both girls shrieked in delight and Sasha nodded her head excitedly. I looked over at Man as I put on the bracelets for the girls. That silly fellow was crying away. I went up to him, finally slipping on that ring and for the first time ever, kissed him in front of our daughters and Sister Nan.

I wouldn't know what constitutes as a perfect family picture but one of us, with our new gleaming rings, 2 girls with their newly christened "sisterhood" bracelets and Sister Nan was our version of a family picture and it was wonderful of I say so myself.

I had been through so much and so had Man. If you had asked us about a year ago if we would ever be together, I would have laughed at you. Handling one 7 year old was bad enough, imagine 2 of them and a husband to boot?

I honestly never thought I would marry again, much more for love so this was the biggest surprise of them all but I also knew now; a year later that, I would be nowhere without this man or his daughter.

As we traipsed through the streets of London together, I couldn't help but keep looking at Man's hands clasped in mind. I lifted his hand gently to my lips and pressed the chastest kiss ever, as he grinned at me.

Here's to our fairy tale ending and more. I know this story took on a very different take from what I had envisioned it originally but, boy am I glad.

Here's wishing PrimKayeCaete happy birthday once again and hope you will enjoy this!

Till the next #lovewinsall.