Man

I prepared a fried noodle dish with a side of vegetables and a fruit platter. We all sat down to eat around 6 pm.

Sasha sat with me, and I plated for her, taking out stuff she wouldn't eat whilst Mile was doing the exact same thing except that he was dumping stuff he wouldn't eat on Ellie's plate.

I just smiled to myself as I watched him interact with her. Once dinner was done, we gave the girls a shower, and they got changed and settled down for another movie.

I asked Sasha if she wanted me to be around or if I could go home. She said I could go home and come back tomorrow to pick her up. This girl of mine was growing way too fast.

I nodded, bading the girls good night and taking my leave. Mile waved me goodbye, and I went home. I love my daughter like mad, but it was good to have time to myself occasionally, too.

I went home, got a warm shower,
and was nursing a beer when the doorbell rang. I went over and opened it only to find Calvin standing there.

"Finally, you turn up. Aren't you 2 days too late?"

"Cut the crap, Man. I heard you told my lawyer off. And I just received a letter from your lawyer today. Why are you making this so hard? Told you I don't want that bitch. What must I do for you to remember that?!"

I lost it, hearing him call Sasha a bitch! I jumped onto him, and it became a full-fledged fight! The cops had to be called in, and 2 other people came running into the police station at 2am. that ghastly morning.

Mile gasped when he saw my face, it was swollen and throbbing. But he saw Calvin and was even more stunned. I had bust his lips, chipped his tooth off because of the impact of my punch and he was sporting a badly swollen eye. Mile turned to look at me and just glared but I turned away. I wasn't going to let anyone make me feel bad about punching that asshole.

Our both lawyers duked it out, but we managed to compromise. I was going to have to accept Calvin's offer so he would not bring charges against me. When I heard it, I lost it even more.

"He calls my daughter a bitch and I have to just let it slide?! Just so I will not be arrested? But he started it all with calling her that first. There's no way in hell I'm letting that go."

Mile looked at me stunned. So far, both lawyers had been trying to come to a compromise on their own and hadn't heard the full story.

"He called Sasha a bitch?"

I nodded, slightly taken aback by the change of tone of voice of Mile. He turned to look at Calvin.

"I have been keeping quiet because you know my boss and you are a client. But that, calling your own daughter that, was a low move. I don't fucking care but I'm resigning as your counsel. Find yourself a new one."

I was stunned by Mile's reaction. I think all of us were. Calvin stood up angrily but Mile just shushed him by putting his hand in his face.

Mile turned to me. "It's ok if you have to go to prison. But do not accept his offer. I will work with your lawyer to bring you out. I have my ways. Sasha can stay with us meanwhile."

I nodded, still hesitant but Mile looked so determined. Calvin got angry and threw a punch at Mile who managed to duck successfully. But Mile used his foot to swipe Calvin who fell flat on his face, almost breaking that already heavily injured nose.

The officers arrested Calvin on the spot for trying to hurt Mile. The one in charge of my case let me go on conditional bail but said I was required to report back if needed. The officer privately leaned in and told me, "I would do the exact same thing to anyone that calls my child that."

I just smiled wanely and we all left. My lawyer asked me if I will be ok. I nodded and looked over at Mile who was waiting near his car.

"Hey..."

"You ready? Come back to my place. You can rest there."

I nodded. We got into the car and it was a quiet ride home. Once we reached his apartment, I looked over at him.

"Thank you for today. Sorry about the job."

"Don't be. I would have probably punched the living daylights out of him if we weren't in the police station. Such a fucking asshole. You ok?"

I nodded. Mile just smiled and we got out and got to his apartment. He told me to get a warm shower and use the guest bedroom. I nodded and he disappeared into his own room, leaving me wondering about him the whole fucking night.