Man

I held onto Mile and just kissed the top of his head when the doorbell rang again. I sighed as I pulled away from Mile. We both knew it was Calvin.

I told Mile to hang back, and I went to open the door.

"What do you want?"

"Why is he here? My lawyer?"

"He isn't your lawyer. The last I remembered, he resigned as your counsel."

"Stop being a smart Alec, Man. Look, I want you to back off. Ask your lawyer to back off. I can not pay child support beyond 12."

"You don't want Sasha. You don't want to meet or hang out with her. But child support is mandatory until 18. So, I'm not going to give you the easy way out."

"I'm getting married. And my wife to be isn't happy I'm paying for a kid I don't want with an ex gay partner. So, just let it go, will you?"

I glared at Calvin, absolutely hopping mad. I clenched my fists tightly, but I held back.

"You will pay for child support till she is 18, whether you like it or not. She's a responsibility we both chose to bring into this world, and we will look after her equally in our own ways. And if you don't pay the support, I will haul your stupid ass to court every time, whether you like it or not, with your wife in tow too."

"You should have just given me a boy. We wouldn't have this problem. Why is it a fucking girl?"

I saw red and was about to punch him but I saw a hand shoot out and Calvin flying. He fell onto the floor a few steps away. I was stunned as I saw Mile continue to march up to him and about to swing another hit when I pulled him back!

Mile screamed at him to get lost, and I had never seen that side of him ever. He was completely red-faced, angry, and pissed. He wanted to swing another punch, but I held him back. Calvin stood up and was about to retort when I told him to fuck off before Mile got another go on him and I wasn't going to hold him back.

Calvin walked off, cursing us, but I couldn't be bothered. I watched as Mile shook my hand off, stomping back in and sitting on the couch in anger. I closed the door and went over to him. I held onto his hand, and he looked up at me, his eyes glimmering.

My heart went out to him. I knew how angry he must be to actually be crying, and this was over my Sasha.

"She's like my girl too. I can't stand it he's talking like that about her."

"I know."

I held onto Mile and hugged him tightly. We have only known each other for 2 months plus, but it feels like forever. And someone I could trust my girl with. Mile held onto me tightly, and we stayed like that for a bit.

Finally, we pulled away, and I looked at him, chuckling softly. "Shall we go back to your place to check on our girls?"

"Our girls?"

"Sasha and Ellie. Our girls. Shall we?"

He nodded, his eyes still teary. I kissed him lightly on his nose, and we got ready. We went back to his apartment. Both girls were happily eating when we arrived.

"Papa! Are you better now?"

I nodded. "Feeling slightly better, baby. Have you been a good girl?"

Sasha nodded. Sister Nan invited us to sit and have dinner, too. We joined the girls and had dinner. Ellie and I sat together whilst Sasha and Mile ate theirs together. Sister Nan just watched us quietly but threw us a knowing look, which we returned sheepishly.

Post dinner, Mile asked us to stay over and the girls were so excited. They bounded off to Ellie's room and left me alone in the hall with Mile. He sat next to me and muttered, "Sleep over in my room tonight?"

I looked at Mile and just laughed.

"Do you think we are teenagers? To be doing sleepovers?"

Mile mock glared at me as he leaned in to whisper, "Sleep with me then."

"Adult enough for you?"

My face turned completely red. Mile laughed as he stood up. I stood up with him, and we turned only to come face to face with Sister Nan, who looked at us teasingly.

"Should I prepare the guest bedroom, Mile for Sir?"

The look on Mile's face was so worth it as he muttered no need. Sister Nan just looked at him as she teased him.

"Guess, gender doesn't matter after all. Good, you realized it."

The mortification on Mile's face was so worth it as I grinned away.