Chapter Four

"I can't thank you enough for doing this," I peered up at Sukuna as he stood beside me. I waited at the front desk as the nurse left to file the papers.

"Tch, don't mention it," He shrugged and buried his hands into his pockets. I haven't told him everything yet, but he hasn't asked either. Then again, I don't really think I have to explain everything, I think he already knows at this point.

The nurse returned, "We'll bring her out in a moment, could you bring our vehicle up?" Sukuna didn't say a word as he turned and left to go fetch his car.

"Yes," I answered, "He'll pull up outside."

"Perfect, sit tight," The nurse offered a reassuring smile. I moved away from the desk and waited impatiently in the lobby. I watched the glass doors, waiting to see Sukuna's car.

I should make sure to give him some gas money for doing this. My mom's house isn't really that close. She lives in the outer limits of the city, closer to the countryside.

I usually have to wait for weekends to visit her because I typically have to take the train out to her. It's not a long ride, forty minutes at the most. I look forward to my weekend visits with her, they always last much longer than the hospital visits.

"(y/n)!" Mom called out from behind me. I turned and smiled as a nurse pushed her wheelchair over to me.

"Hey! How are you feeling?" I moved over to them and noted that she looked a lot better than last time. Her cheeks were rosy and she had that warm gleam in her gaze.

"Like a spring chicken!" She cheered.

The nurse chuckled and allowed me to take the handles of the wheelchair, "Do you have transportation arranged?"

I nodded and looked back out the doors right as Sukuna's car pulled up, "He's right there."

Mom fanned her face as Sukuna stepped out, "Oh my, he's rich too?"

"Mom, please don't embarrass me on the drive home," I muttered with a grin as I pushed her to the doors. I waved to the nurse and said my goodbyes.

Sukuna opened the back door as I pushed Mom toward the car.

Mom gleefully greeted Sukuna, "Why hello young man."

Sukuna smirked, "Hello to you too, young lady."

Mom giggled as she peered back at me, "He called me young!"

I rolled my eyes and put the brake down on the wheelchair, "Because you obviously are! Like you said! A spring chicken!" Sukuna shook his head with a smile as he offered a hand to my mother.

"Such a gentleman!" She accepted his offer for help and I watched nervously as Sukuna guided my mother into his car. I undid the brake of the wheelchair and a nurse came out to take it from me.

"Thank you," I bowed slightly to the nurse before turning back to the vehicle. Sukuna closed Mom's door before stepping back and opening the front passenger side for me. "Why thank you, kind sir," I giggled and climbed in, buckling my seat belt in the process.

"Are you two dating yet?" Mom asked as Sukuna got in and put the car in drive. I had given him Mom's address beforehand and he had his GPS up.

"No Mom, we practically just met," I chuckled. "We still have another date tomorrow though, remember?"

"Oh yeah! Hey, what's with the bags under your eyes? You didn't stay up and binge your romance shows again, did you?"

Sukuna snickered and I shot him a glare, "I did not stay up watching TV! We were at the festival yesterday."