Chapter Six

A loud buzzer rang out over the arena, signaling the fifteen minutes were up. Satoru and I had only run into Suguru and Yuji a couple of times, but no Sukuna or Toji.

We made our way to the front, only to find that we were the first ones out of the arena.

Satoru was quick to go to the TV screen displaying the leaderboard.

"Wha- No way! There's no way those two got more than us!" Satoru pouted. I shuffled over next to him and looked at the numbers.

Sukuna and Toji were at the very top by a substantial amount. I furrowed my brows and my jaw dropped as I realized just how many more points they had scored compared to us. Sukuna was only slightly higher than Toji.

Satoru was in third place, while I came in fourth. Suguru was next, and finally Yuji.

"Holy cow, I wonder if those two play laser tag a lot," I looked over to Satoru who still looked rather disappointed.

The doors opened and we looked back. Yuji and Sukuna emerged back out, and Suguru wasn't far behind them.

Yuji perked up and ran up beside us, "Last place?! Arg!" Yuji threw his head back and huffed in defeat.

Sukuna rolled his eyes, "Your aim is terrible and you're loud when you run around, it's not surprising your last, punk-ass."

I pointed at Sukuna accusingly, "Well how are you so damn good at this game? Huh? That score is ridiculous!"

He smirked, "Eh, trade secret." He shrugged.

Suguru stood behind me and looked at the screen, "Yikes, I almost got last. You beat me," He nudged me with his elbow and I smiled up at him. His eyes were so soft as he looked down at me.

"Oh hey, your birthday is coming up, what do you want to do this year?" I opened my mouth to reply to Suguru but stopped when Toji walked through the doors. I was immediately irritated again.

I muttered under my breath and turned my back to Toji, "We can talk about it later." I was being unintentionally obvious about my newfound distaste for Sukuna's friend. Satoru and Suguru both glanced at Toji before looking at each other.

The employee returned to us and congratulated Sukuna for being the winner.

They went on to explain the rules of traditional teams. It was similar to free-for-all with a few exceptions.

Then came the time to pick times.

Satoru slung his arm over my shoulder, "Obviously she will be with Suguru and me." Toji eyed Satoru's arm wrapped around me. The way he stared at me sent shivers up my spine and I started feeling really uncomfortable. His eyes flicked to mine briefly and I just wanted to disappear into the ground.

Yuji pouted, "No fair! You two were running around together last time!"

Toji smirked, and it irked me, "Yeah, why don't we switch it up a bit?" I felt the blood drain from my face and I snapped my eyes up to Satoru's. He scanned over my pleading look for no longer than a split second before shaking his head.

"You two can be a team then, since you're so good at this game, how about two against four? Yuji can be with us."

Sukuna arched a brow and glanced between me and Toji, "We can handle a two against four."

The only one who didn't seem to notice the tension was Yuji, but his sunshine smile was reassuring to look at.

Yuji cheered, "Yeah! We're gonna kick their butts!"

Spoiler alert: We did not, in fact, kick their butts.

We got totally wrecked by them. You'd think since we have more people we'd at least be able to hit them, but no. We didn't hit them once! I barely even saw them. Which I was a little grateful for if we're being honest.