Chapter Three

"Let's take a picture (y/n)!" Satoru grabbed my arm and yanked me back. I flinched in surprise as my back hit Satoru's chest. Suguru was behind him. Satoru held up his phone and I was still dazed from the moment before, but I smiled nonetheless.

After Satoru took the first photo I peered past his phone to look at Sukuna. He looked pissed. Brows furrowed and the warm glint in his eye was gone.

I wanted to say something to him, but Satoru wouldn't let me go. His other arm was wrapped over my shoulder so he could hold me against him. He took a few more photos, the fireworks continued to blast off in the background.

Even by the time the fireworks ended, Satoru still had his arm around me.

"Those were better than last year!" Yuji clapped.

"I didn't know they lit off fireworks, I guess we always left beforehand," I tried to pull away from Satoru again, but his grip was so tight. "You can let go now," I looked up at him.

His smile wavered for a moment, "It's cold! I can feel you shivering! Why didn't you bring a jacket?" I didn't even notice I was shivering. The cold breeze picked up again and I wrapped my arms around myself.

"I didn't think we'd be out this long," I shrugged. Satoru shed his leather jacket and moved to put it around me. "Wait but you'll get cold."

Suguru shook his head, "(y/n), we all know you get sick much too easily. It's best for you to stay warm."

"Hey, I don't get sick easily! When was the last time I had a sick day at work? Hm?" I refuted but caved in and accepted his jacket regardless. It was so warm, and I instantly melted. The scent of Satoru crawled up my nose and I took a deep breath. However, instead of picturing Gojo, I pictured Sukuna. His cologne smells better. I looked over at him and saw he was still angry.

Suguru broke my train of thought, "It is getting late though. (y/n), we should get you home."

"You're right," I nodded and followed them as they took lead. Sukuna fell to the back of the group, and Yuji walked alongside me.

I listened to his banter and his fun stories of past times at this festival. Satoru actually seemed to enjoy talking to Yuji as well. They two had a similar sense of chaos between them.

The crowd was thinning out now since the fireworks were over. A majority of the people had left and the vendors were closing down. I had almost forgotten there were multiple flower crowns on my head, but Suguru had reached over to fix them and prevent them from falling off. I guess they got shuffled around with my dancing.

We reached the parking lot and there were only a few cars left. Sukuna's stood out even in the dark. I didn't even think twice as I continued walking with Yuji toward their vehicle.

Satoru and Suguru stopped.

Suguru called after me, "(y/n), where are you going?"

I stopped and looked over at them, "Oh! I'm sorry, I wasn't even thinking."

Sukuna spoke up again for the first time in a long time, "I can take you home."

"Well she has my jacket so we'll be taking her home," Satoru crossed his arms.

Sukuna scoffed, "And I have her wallet."

"My wallet! I completely forgot," I chuckled to myself.

Yuji quickly pulled out his phone, "In case I don't see you again can I get your number? I wanna hang out sometime! Uh, wait, how do I add friends again?" Sukuna and Satoru continued to argue, but I became focused on Yuji.