𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

The first of October had arrived, and with it came crisp air, bright sunlight, and, of course, Quidditch season.

Ravenclaw had practiced long and hard for the day of their game. Their captain had given them several speeches and pep talks and made sure they were aware of their techniques.

And, although Slytherin was known to be hard to beat, the team dressed in bronze and blue was confident. They'd win that shining, silver cup that year, they were sure of it.

George turned to Vivian. "Ready?"

She inhaled his minty breath and moved away from him. She kept her eyes on the sky, watching as people started to get into position. Her gaze moved amongst the stands that were full of cheering people.

Actually, not everyone was cheering.

Irene sat in a high corner of the blue stand and had a neutral face. Vivian was glad to see her nonetheless.

Jane was one of those gleeful. Despite being a Gryffindor, the red-haired girl was in the Ravenclaw stand, holding a flag that had an eagle on it. Her Gryffindor friends and roommates, Jia and Amalie, held it too.

It turned out that one of Slytherin's Beaters, Jiho Sol, was Jia's brother. However, Jia refrained from joining the green stand.

Kristian Lestrange, their Keeper, practiced protecting his goalpost as Liev Malfoy, one of their Chasers, tossed balls toward him— the Quaffle hadn't been released yet.

And, of course, Tom Riddle, their Seeker, flew around with Jiho. They seemed to be racing.

Vivian answered George by pushing off the ground and soaring away.

He frowned but followed shortly thereafter.

Slytherin's captain, Carol Thornton, gave the referee a thumbs-up to signal that her team was ready. Once George did the same, the referee blew his whistle and the game began.

In an instant, the players weaved around each other at intense speeds.

The Quaffle, the two Bludgers, and the Golden Snitch were set free from their locked box.

Teresa Carver threw the Quaffle to Mika, who held it firmly and dodged a Bludger.

She passed it to Pedro Cardona and he attempted to get it past Kristian's goalpost.

Lestrange leaned back and caught it before tossing it in the opposite direction.

Pedro huffed.

Jesse Katz worked hard to protect his teammates from the rapid-moving Bludgers. He batted one away from Teresa and toward Liev, but Jiho stopped it.

Jiho grinned.

The players moved so quickly that they looked like blurs of blue and green in the sky. It was hard to see the Snitch within all the chaos, but Vivian scanned the area despite.

She looked and looked, Tom was doing the same.

Suddenly, Tom dove, seemingly for the Snitch.

Vivian was about to follow, but her eyes caught a glimpse of gold going the opposite way.

She shook her head at the boy's obvious attempt at misleading her.