Why are you Two So Close? - 5

The other Espadas always try to attack M/N, out of pure rage and jealousy. Except for Ulquiorra. He couldn't give a shit. Grimmjow and M/N are like brothers, and the others always wonder how they went from hating eachother to having a brothely bond. M/N is like his younger brother now.

"Another day, another slay," thinks M/N, putting on his red eye liner. He sighs softly. M/N isn't liked by the other Espadas at all.

Ulquiorra thinks he's a waste of air.

Grimmjow thinks he's like a younger brother to him.

"What are they-!?" M/N doesn't have time to think; an Espada is attacking him, and it's not looking good for him. "Is that... Ulquiorra? I thought he didn't care enough to even... get in my presence?" But surprisingly, Ulquiorra only gets M/N cornered and asks him a simply question. "Why are you so close to Grimmjow?"
"Crap.... I can't answer that! I don't even know what happened between us that we became so close!"
"It's nothing. We bonded over time," responds M/N coldly. His heart is ice... right? No one should see him vulnerable. Especially anyone that isn't Grimmjow or Toshiro.
"I kind of didn't lie, right? We did become closer over time, so..."

Until....

"There's someone behind me. They're breathing down my neck. I feel their sharp blade penetrating the skin behind my neck. It isn't bleeding, yet. The blade is cold, as if it were always wielded by a cold-hearted monster, that only cares for blood. Do I fear it? Will those pathetic tears come from my eyes? Who is it?"

M/N turns around, to see... None other that Grimmjow! "Big brothe-" M/N covers his mouth. He almost called Grimmjow 'Big brother'.

"Grimmjow?"
Grimmjow seems ruthless as always, but his eyes soften. He loves M/N, in a brotherly way, of course. He pats his friend's head. This isn't the Grimmjow I know. The cold, ruthless one that only cared for battle. Who is this? Is it even Grimmjow? He feels like Toshiro... The comfort I would get from being around my favourite white-haired boy.

He sighs. "What do you need, Grimmjow?"
He doesn't get a reply. Only a hand on his neck. "What the-!?"
"Someone has a fever," says Grimmjow.
"U-Ugh, I know!" mumbles back M/N. He sniffs a bit. He has a runny nose. "I'm leaving," he adds, before leaving with a limp. It seems his foot is injured. Grimmjow notices, but he doesn't care. M/N's eyes water. He's thinking about Toshiro, again.
"I was such an idiot... Why did I leave!? Did power really corrupt me that much!?"

Suddenly, a voice tells him something. "You know you want it... It's the only path... Think about those who abandoned you. Don't you want revenge, M/N? To see their ugly faces writhing in pain and agony?" it tells him.
"Come on, you know they're just using you..." M/N feels a hand touching his head from behind - a woman's. Her nails are digging into his skull. He turns around, but no one is there. "What was that?"
"Ugh... I'm hallucinating, right? I've been hallucinating a lot lately... Especially of that...voice. My head hurts... Fuck."
The nails are digging into his skull again... His head hurts. M/N gets down on the ground in agony. He holds his head... only to see blood on his palms. "It isn't a hallucination. Something is... With me. It's in my brain. It seems to be a woman, considering the feminine voice... It's piercing my skull. Gosh darn it... What do I do!? I'm so useless. I can't even defend myself against my own mind. Am I a vessel for her!? What's her name? I don't have time to be thinking all of..." M/N passes out on the floor.

He wakes up, only to see he isn't in Hueco Mundo, but in a world, full of white light. Nothing else. The same hands wrap around his neck from behind, and scratch it. They hold his chin. It's so strange... And petrifying. "Hello, M/N," the voice whispers in his ear, leaving a chill down his spine.
It sounds like... Her? The girl that pushed M/N to his death in the river? She was... A spirit the whole time? And... A bad one? This is all in his mind... But... It's like a whole different realm. She's trying to take over his mind. "I... You!?"
She kisses his neck. "Gosh!!! Don't do that!!!" he yells loudly.
It feels like her nails are digging into his back. "I... Shit..." he mumbles.
Suddenly, she appears in front of him. But... "I can't see her face!"
Her nails dig into his stomach. M/N cries out in pain. They twist in his abdomen, causing unimaginable pain. Tears are running down his face rapidly. "Weak boy," she would say.
"AGH!!!"

Suddenly, she starts fading into the white light and M/N loses consciousness, to wake up... Back in Hueco Mundo. It seems, despite all of that happening in his mind, the injuries are psychically there. M/N is bleeding. He lies on the floor. "I'm an idiot. Why did I even join the enemy?" Regret fills his mind. He coughs. "Blood. It hurts."
M/N groans in pain. He can't move. He's too weak right now. He's too exhausted. Grimmjow and him are close, but Grimmjow is still as cruel as always. They're close, have a brotherly bond, but are like rivals.

Panting heavily, M/N reaches for his zanpakuto. He positions it at his neck, about to end it all. "I hate myself. I should have never been born. Ma would be disappointed." He sobs, before bringing it closer and closer, until a hand grabs the zanpakuto and throws it across the room. "G-Grimmjow?" stutters M/N.
"I can't have you killing yourself. That's my job," says Grimmjow.
"But I..." He trails off.
"I miss him so much," thinks M/N.
He can't bring himself to say what he was thinking. "Never mind, Grimmjow."

Guess who's the angry midget in the Soul Society? None other than Toshiro of course! "You fool! What were you thinking?" Toshiro's thoughts ramble on. He's pissed. For a good reason too, though. "I'm taking what's mine. My best friend, not Hueco Mundo's. Mine."
The Soul Society seems quiet. His office is quiet. It's oddly calming and peaceful. Toshiro hasn't gotten good sleep in weeks. His head hits the table. Bang!!! He's knocked out cold. The lack of sleep finally caught up. He's exhausted. Poor thing. But he's kinda being a jerk to everyone.

A/N: My brain goes blank when I try to write. Apologies. I'm gonna make M/N suffer next chapter HEHE HEHEHE.

And unrelated but here's some art I made:

<3 Thanks for reading