8

Before I could even complain Paul unbuckled his seatbelt and launched himself out of the drivers seat. I clicked my tongue in annoyance and rushed out after him. I could see Edward straighten his spine and tense when he sensed Paul. Edward looked over with furrowed brows as Paul made a beeline towards him.

"What are you doing here, leech?" Paul said in a menacing tone.

I couldn't help but frown at the term leech, the way he said it sounded... for lack of a better term harsh. In all fairness, I did call Edward a freak and a monster but I do regret that... I mean, I don't know everything about them and if Bella likes Edward maybe he and his family are okay. I really just have to give them a chance. Edward looks to me for a slight moment and I see his face soften before he turns his attention back to Paul.

"I'm just dropping Bella off, not that it's any of your concern," Edward shifts his body in front of Bella's, "and you? What are you doing here?"

Paul scoffs as he steels himself in front of me, "like you haven't already used your freaky mind powers to know what's going on."

My eyes widen. Mind powers?  Can he brainwash people? Is he controlling Bella with his mind? Can he fling stuff around? What if he can use his mind to-

"I can only read minds Tara... there's no need to freak out," Edward says a bit disappointed.

"Don't read her mind! As a matter of fact, don't even talk to her, you fanged freak!"

I flinch at Paul's words. Did it sound this bad when I insulted them? Man, I really need to apologize to the Cullen's.

Edward obviously ignoring Paul's words looked at me once more, "you don't need to apologize, it's okay."

"I said don't fucking do that!" Paul took a heated step forward.

I immediately grabbed Paul's arm, "don't Paul," he looked back at me with rage in his face but it slowly morphed into a soft worry. I tightened my grip just a pinch more, "please?"

He gently shook my hand off and mumbled a barely audible, "yeah, sorry."

I faced Edward, "I do need to apologize, I spoke without getting to know you and i was overwhelmed with...well, everything. you and your family seemed decent enough when I met you all for the first time, and because of my misunderstanding of your kind, coupled with my concern and fear for Bella I lashed out. I'm sorry for calling you what I did, Edward."

Edward would have responded had Paul not mumbled under his breath, "You didn't misunderstand anything, they're monsters," I shoot him a glare, while Edward furrows his brows.

Bella sidestepped out from behind Edward not hearing Paul in the slightest, "you don't need to worry about me Tare, I'm okay the Cullens would never try to hurt me."

They drink blood. They're honestly probably tempted to kill her all the time. Edward looks ashamed as if I hit the nail on the head, "I understand that you believe that Bella and I wish I could as well. I also understand that you love him so you might not think-," I try to explain my thoughts to Bella.

"He would never hurt me! he loves me! Don't try and talk me out of marrying him!" Bella's brows furrowed as she misunderstood my intentions.

"I'm not trying to Bells nor am I trying to invalidate his love for you... I'm simply pointing out that just because you believe in something doesn't make it true. That fact of the matter is that Edward and his family drink blood to survive and you have blood flowing inside you. You can't not see the potential hazards."

"It. Won't. Happen." I sigh as Bella stubbornly misses the point. All I want to get across is that she should remain attentive and safe. Edward gives me a soft smile.