1

Rhythmic beeping was all I heard as I was blinded by bright lights. I slightly shifted my head and squinted. That's when I heard the voices.

"She moved!" a young female voice stated

"What? that's not possible, she should be..." an older male began to say. I tried to open my eyes again but the light stung.

"look at her eyes!" a younger male voice yelled.

"You two go and get the doctor," Finally, my eyes started to acclimate to my surroundings. I saw the shadow of a man looming over me, "It's okay, you're alright. The doctor's coming, sweet pea." my vision only allowed me to see three figures walk in the room: one a woman and two males (one in white the other in blue).

"oh my god! she's awake!" the woman stated. The man in white who came in with her immediately walked closer and shone a light into my eyes. I squint and try to look away. I see the figure of the male in blue seemingly watching the one in white.

"how is she? Is she okay?" the male looming over me asks as he moves closer to the man in white.

"her pupillary reflex is great considering what she's been through. she seems aware of her surroundings as well. this is astonishing." the man in white answers

I felt someone grab my hand and see the younger woman standing there. She smiles, "Hey there Tare, you really took your time waking up." my vision finally clears completely and I make eye contact with the younger woman. she couldn't have been older than her late teens. she had wavy brown hair, that stopped just a bit past her shoulders and lovely brown eyes that complimented her pretty face.

that's when an older man who looked to be in his late thirties to early forties leaned on the opposing side of the bed I was in, "Yep, you're just a regular sleeping beauty aren't you, princess?" the girl and the man laughed a bittersweet laugh at his comment. upon closer inspection, he had black hair with a couple of greys strewn about, brown eyes, and a chevron mustache. he was also wearing an unbuttoned police uniform as if he had just gotten off from duty.

"who would be the prince in this scenario?" a young man in a blue shirt, probably in his mid-teens spoke up. he had a cute face, short black hair, and tan skin. he moved from the wall he was leaning against to the end of the bed, "It's good to have you back Elle," His gaze softened that is, until the doctor shifted and he sent a glare his way.

Wait, doctor? I looked around once more at my unfamiliar setting to see all the medical equipment I was attached to. I looked at the doctor who looked to be in his early twenties. he was well-sculpted, blond, and had the face of a model. confused I asked, "Where am I?" It came out like a croak. My voice sounded as if I had been screaming at the top of my lungs for the past hour.

"You're in the hospital, I'm Dr. Carlisle Cullen," he stated simply. the boy in blue tensed as the doctor spoke with me.

"I can see that," I blankly stated. the policeman moved to give me a bit of water which I gladly accepted as I propped myself up on my elbows, "but why?"

"we were in an accident, you were with me and my mom," the boy in blue stated glumly, "she-," he looked as if he was about to tear up.

"Oh,  I'm sorry for your loss," I tilt my head, "but who are you?"

"That's Jacob sweet pea,"  the policeman grabs one of my hands, "it's been a while, he must look a bit different huh?"

I slip out of his grip and try to sit up. he helped me, "his name is Jacob?" the girl, boy, and policeman all nod, "then what are your names?" I ask the girl and policeman.

the policeman sputters but quickly recovers, "It's me, princess, it's your dad" When I showed no sign of recognition he continued, "My name's Charlie. I used to take you to the park and you'd want me to push you on the swing for hours. you would always ask me for an extra dollar at the shopping center to play that old claw machine.." with each thing he listed that I had no recollection of his voice became more desperate.