3

The roar of Jacob's Motorcycle came to a stop as he turned off the engine in a small parking lot that overlooked a breathtaking view of a rocky beach. I hopped off the bike and leaned over the metal railing to take in the beautiful sight. I smiled and ran back to where Jacob was standing, "Okay, it's official the reservation has better views than the town!"

"glad to know you still love La Push," he takes off his helmet and puts it underneath his arm, "whenever you would visit you'd always ask us to come down to the beach even in the winter. you would shake like a leaf but be smiling like crazy."

I take off my helmet and pass it to Jacob, slightly laughing, "Well it is a great view, and I- Holy crap!"

"What?!" Jacob asks slightly alarmed.

"look there are guys on that cliff! Do you think- Oh my god! One of them just jumped!"

"Oh," Jacob starts laughing.

"what the heck do you mean 'oh'?! One of though dudes just jumped off a freaking cliff!"

"Elle calm down, they're just cliff divining. it's actually kinda fun," he said nonchalantly.

"wait, wait, wait. Don't tell me you're crazy enough to try that?!" I look at him like he grew a second head.

"guilty as charged. My pa- uh I mean friends sometimes do it for fun. Embry and Quil are up there too. They were my best friends growing up," he smiles

I narrowed my eyes at his small slip-up before he mentioned the word 'friends' but I decided to let it go... for now, "I thought I was your best friend," I fake a pout.

He guffaws at my expression, "You are, in fact, you out do them on Jacob's Awesome and Badass Tier of Best Friendship Level but don't tell them that!"

chuckling I state, "I won't, but only because that's such a horrendous name and I don't want to subject anyone else to hearing it again."

Jacob put a hand on his chest in mock hurt before I rolled my eyes grabbed one of his hands and started leading him up to the cliff, "uh, what are you doing?"

"Making you follow me up to that cliff so I can meet your friends," I say with an intended inflection on the word friends.

Jacob suddenly stops, "I don't think that's a good idea..."

I turn around to face him, "why not?"

"uh... well sometimes the guys can get pretty rowdy which leads to us getting into arguments or fights with each other and I just don't want you to be around that," he puts his hands in his pockets and looks at the ground.

"Jay, I know I just got out of the hospital but I'm not a fragile china doll. Besides, if they start a fight with you they're gonna have to deal with me now too," I laugh.

slightly smiling he replies, "... you're going to walk up there without me even if I don't go, aren't you."

"Maybe..." I say before I take off running uphill. Jacob easily catches up to me and we have a sort of race to the cliff. I only say sort of because even though I tried my hardest Jacob never even broke a sweat.

----------

Reaching the top of the cliff I huff out, "How. The. Heck. Did. You. Do. That. So. Easily?" I catch my breath only to ask, "Are you a freaking superhuman or something?" Jacob seemed to tense at the question as well as his friends who were now aware of our presence.

He laughs nervously before saying, "I just... uh... run a lot. I got used to it."

I reply with my hands on my knees trying to regulate my breathing, " Jacob Black and I mean this in the nicest way possible, You're a freak of nature," I let out a laugh that sounded a bit like a scoff.