4

I sigh and gave up on trying to figure out what actually happened considering it probably wasn't that big a deal anyway but why would they lie about some stupid shirts, "you guys know what I don't even care.. I guess it's none of my business," I say as I shake my head.

That's when Sam's front door opened and in walk a pretty girl whose eyes immediately narrowed in on me, "who's she?" Attitude evident in her voice.

"Um I'm right here and perfectly capable of speaking for myself," I state defensively.

"Alright," she crosses her arms, "who are you then?"

"Leah," both Paul and Sam warn.

"Tara Elise... judging by what they just called you, you must be Leah Clearwater," I mirror her and cross my arms, "your brother's a delight, I don't know if I can say the same about you considering the welcome you're giving me."

We stare each other down in silence the air around the table seems tense once more that is until she lets out a sort of snort, "you're alright Tara, you have a lot more balls then the rest of them," she gestures towards the guys.

I let out a lopsided grin, "not so bad yourself Leah, can't be easy hanging out with all these guys especially Mr. Drama queen over there," I point towards Paul and this time she actually lets out a real snort.

She pulls up a seat next to me, "oh yeah I can't tell you the amount of times he's thrown a freaking tantrum because he didn't get his way..."

"I can imagine considering he threw Jay," I point to Jacob, "off a cliff today."

"What?!" Her eyes grow big, "why the hell would you do that?!" She looked at Paul intensely but all he did was meet her eyes then look at me then at Emily and Sam. Her eyebrows raised but it seemed she understood something I didn't.

I just let it go not having the energy to be a detective anymore, "anyway needless to say he's a jerk but every one else is okay."

He scoffs at my comment about him, "I said sorry."

"Right because that's enough... he could have died Paul," my eyes sting as tears build up in frustration which annoyed the hell out of me, "I have no one other then my dad and Jay to help me through this stupid coma and memory loss dilema. If I were to lose him just because some random guy lost his temper I..." I take a deep breath and calm down, "look that fact that you don't understand how utterly messed up what you did was proves to me that your not even really sorry. You're just saying it because you know I'm upset... From what I've seen your personality is volatile and I just can't trust you around me or anyone I care for."

For the first time Paul doesn't seem angry in the slightest. His head had fallen and he was looking at the table, "is there anything I can do to change your mind?"

The solemn way he asked the question caught me off guard, "tell me why you did it..."

His brows furrowed but in worry instead of anger, "it's complicated."

"Explain it to me."

"I-I can't not now at least..."

"Then until then you know where you stand... I'm sorry Paul."

He nods, "I understand," he gets up and leaves Sam's house.

I take a deep breath, "I'm sorry everyone... I should go I don't need to mess anything else up," I let out a sad smile.

"Oh honey no you-" Emily starts to try and reassure me but I choose to wallow in self pity at the moment.

"I'll wash, dry and fold your clothes before giving them back Em... thanks for having me over sorry it probably didn't go as planned," I get up from my seat, "can you take me back home Jay?"