𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

तेरी आँखों के मतवाले काजल को मेरा सलामज़ुल्फ़ों के काले काले बादल को मेरा सलाम

ज़ुल्फ़ों के काले काले बादल को मेरा सलाम

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈
𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Samarth scanned the bustling college canteen, his eyes darting from one corner to another in search of that girl. He had been looking forward to meet her since the day he had seen her in the café.

But as the minutes ticked by, his heart sank as he couldn't spot her anywhere in the crowded room.

Just as he was about to give up, a strong hand grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. Startled, Samarth turned around to see Shivaay, grinning at him.

"Hey there, loser! I hope you know you got your butt kicked in arm wrestling today." Shivaay taunted, his eyes dancing with mischief.

Samarth rolled his eyes, pretending to be annoyed. "Oh please, you just got lucky. I'll beat you next time," he retorted, a playful glint in his own eyes.

Shivaay chuckled and clapped Samarth on the back. "Sure, sure. Keep dreaming, buddy. Let's grab some food before you embarrass yourself further."

As they made their way to the table, Shivaay couldn't resist teasing Samarth some more about their arm wrestling match, recounting the details of how he had effortlessly pinned Samarth's arm down in defeat.

Samarth was lost in his own thoughts.

"Why, what happened?" Shivaay interrupted, resting his back at chair.

"Huh? Nothing..I just.. I just think-" Samarth hesitated blushingly.

"Wait. You think too?" Shivaay teases him, chuckling.

Samarth rolls his eyes back. "What do you say if a person sees someone everywhere even when they are not there?" He asks curiously.

Shivaay sincerely leans forward, resting his arms on the table and replies with a smirk. "You're talking rubbish, are you in love?"

As he puts this question, Samarth was again lost. A merry face striked in his memory. Hers.

He thought about the way she had shown compassion, the way emotions flickered across her pretty face - it was imprinted in his mind, or maybe heart.

_____

Anika stood alone at a corner in the bustling college canteen, her heart heavy with dread. She had been waiting to see Kunal since the moment he had proposed to her, but as the minutes ticked by, he was nowhere to be seen. Soon her worst fears were confirmed - Kunal was sitting at a nearby table with another girl, laughing and joking as if Anika didn't exist.