Ch. 19

"ShUbMan dOeSn'T lIkE yOu, blah blah" Ishan mimicked Sara's words in a sarcastic way.

Ishan was cleaning the cupboard and his eyes caught a show piece which was appearantly gifted by Sara.

Ishan frawned "Churail ki baachi! Aab agar mere Shubi se jyada chipak ne ko ayi to ek thappad marunga!"

"Ah ladki hai nahi mar sakta" Ishan shied.

"To kya hua sautan hai!" Ishan glared at the figure, then he placed it back in it's place , not before showing his tongue to it.

Shubman who just came back from his bath, watched the boy silently, try hard to supress his laugh.

Ishan, who was oblivious about Shubman's presence in the room till now, turned around to spot him sitting on the bed stating straight at him.

Ishan quickly turned around, squeezed his eyes and hit his head in embarrassment.
Stupid Ishan, he definitely heard it now!

Ever since the confession, Ishan didn't really confront the boy. He doesn't know why, he just felt so shy.

Ishan was about to go when he felt a hand pulling him in, making him to land on Shubman's lap.
Ishan  stared at shubman, who has a small pout.
"Aap shubhese mujhse dur kyu bhag rahe ho?"
Ishan blushed at his cuteness, he looked down.

Oh wait.

Shubman has no shirt on, his hard chest is all exposed in front of his eyes.

Ishan widened his eyes, he hid face in his hands quickly. Ishan tried wiggle out of his grip, but oh well, Shubman pulled him even closer by his waist.

"S-shubi choriye na, kaam hai"

"Not untill you say why you ignored me"

Ishan looked away, eyes still closed.
"I didn't"

"Then where is my morning kiss?"

The already red Ishan turned redder.

Despite of being very shy, he turned to face him.

He quickly pecked shubman's lips.
Ishan turned his face away again, "n-now please go wear a shirt" Ishan said trying to push him away.

Shubman chuckled at his cuteness, "why are you so cute, baby"

And the nickname did give Ishan tons of butterflies.

But Ishan puffed his cheeks, " I am not a baby!"

Shubman laughed, "it's not like that Ishu, that's a petname to call your lover"

"Oh" Ishan replied.

"You don't like this one? Then I have more for you"

Shubman smiled and leaned in to peck his nose, "Jaan"

He pecked his cheek "Priye"

He kissed his forehead "my sweetheart"

He pecked his lips "petal"

He pecked again, "my darling, my prince, my Ishiepie?"

"Stop!" Ishan giggled, his heart is gonna burst out like this!

Shubman chuckled, "waise baby suits you best, you act like one"

"No!" Ishan protested.

"A yes! Especially when you are jealous" Shubman smirked.

Shubman soon felt a kurta thrown onto his face.
"Shut up and wear it!"

"What? Didn't you want to finish your degree before you get married?"
Ishan asked his friend.

Aditi sad smiled, "it's not my choice Ishan... I am woman, nothing goes according to my choice here. Me and my insisted so much so they let me study this far. Now they think they can't carry a 21 year old burden anymore"

"Can't you request or insists again?"

"I did, they just said there's no need for me to study, it's a wastage. They are ashamed of keeping a grown up girl in their house, the society may think I have a problem " Aditi smiled again.

The degradation of women. The patriarchich society always treated women as objects, the puppet that can be played by men.

"I- I hate this society, Aditi ... I wish I could save you from all this" Ishan said, holding her hand.

I also wished you could.......

Aditi softly took her hand away, "thank you Ishan, waise bhi .... Shaadi to karni hi hai ek na ek din.."

"I wish, he is good person and let's you study further. Agar shaitaan nikla to bulana mujhe, I will punch him!"

Aditi giggled, "ekdam"

"Phir humare saath reh liyo" Ishan said.

Aditi cleared his throat.

She scrunched her nose, "then your dear shubman will kick me out for sure!"

"Aditi you actually don't know him!
he is soo kind and nice" ishan said with a smile.

"Waise Aditi wo... We confessed " ishan blushed.

"Aww I am so happy for you Ishan, hope you two stay always happy." Aditi smiled.

"Are wo dekho, Aashiq ka naam liya aur aashiq haazir" Aditi chuckled looking at shubman waiting.

"Aee Aditi tum bhi na!" Ishan blushed.

"Bye kal milte hai" Ishan bid her before running to Shubman.

"Bye"

Aditi turned around , closed her eyes as her tears escaped.

Shubman and Ishan were sitting on the ganga ghat, they held their hands and Ishan placed his head on shoulder.

"Ishan?" Shubman called.

"Hmm?" Ishan said while playing with the other's hand.

"You will be fine if I go somewhere for a few days , right?"

Ishan's hand stopped.

--------------------------------------------------------