Ch. 8

The morning rays through the window hit Ishan's sleepy face, disturbing his peaceful slumber. He scrunched his nose, opening his eyes to see the daylight.

Before he could fully open his eyes he felt a strong grip on his waist, warmth spreading all around him.
Ishan opened his eyes properly, they widened seeing his state, all tangled up with his so called husband, who was still sleeping peacefully.

Ishan gulped as he remembered what he had said in sleepy state last night, he felt his cheeks getting warm. He hurriedly tried to move shubman's hands from his waist which made the boy wake up.
"Hey, good morning, slept well?" Shubman said in his morning voice, yawning and finally loosing his grip around him.

Ishan, too embarrassed to answer , somehow stuttered out "g-good morning" he rushed to get up , but something pulled him back in Shubman's chest.

Shubman's chain somehow got stuck in the buttons of Ishan's kurta.

Ishan fell close to Shubman's face , their noses almost touched, sleepy eyes staring at each other.

Ishan's breath got stuck for awhile. His eyes once again widened, as if blood from his whole body rushed to his cheeks only.

Ishan hurriedly looked down to detangle the chain, more like to avoid Shubman's intense morning gaze up so close.

To Ishan's faliure, shubman attempted to touch the chain, fingers gently brushing against Ishan's which made his heart beat even faster.

On the chain's separation  , Ishan jolted up "I-I will g-go" Ishan rushed out of the room in a millisecond.

Shubman layed their , blinking his eyes as he  tried to process what happened so fast.

On the other hand Ishan straight up landed on his favourite spot of the garden, just beside the dahlias , chrysanthemums and roses.
Ishan sat on the grass, hiding his face in embarrassment.

Stupid Ishan!

Ishan again felt that little familiar warmth in his heart, now adding butterflies in his tummy.

Oh no, is Ishan falling?

After getting dressed , Shubman went out to the small dining table. He saw some fruits , a glass of milk and muri (puffed rice) placed neatly on the table, of course that was done by Ishan  as their maid is still on leave.
But where is he?

Shubman wondered around the living space, all the rooms.
Ishan is nowhere?

"Ishan! Ishan !" Shubman called as he walked through the garden.

Ishan looked up, trying to wipe his sweat but ended up swatching mud on his cheek.
Ishan sat by a little circle of muddy puddles, his fingers trying to shape a small figure in which he looked quiet skilled.

"What are you doing?" Shubman said , moving close to the boy.

"Making Gopal, you know before I did anything important me and Rohi always took blessings from gopal, humesha hum unke Puja karke hi nikalte the. But I left him back in my house , and it's my important day, unko ful diye Bina kaise Jaye" Ishan said, smiling while making the figure.

"Apne pehle kyu nahi bola, fair se kharid lete" Shubman said, kneeling down beside him to see the figure.

"Nahi mujhe apne hato se hi banana tha"

"This looks actually good" Shubman said with a smile.

"Thank you, aapne khana kha liya?" Ishan looked up at him.

Shubman shook his head with a smile,
Slowly holding Ishan's chin.

Taking out a handkerchief , he slowly  wiped the mess from his cheek.

"Jaldi aa jana" Shubman said, before leaving.

Ishan turned into a tomato for the second time that day.

Ishan looked up at the huge white building in front of him with wide eyes. It looked almost like beautiful royal palace, they entered the gate looking around the place, it looked very rich.

"Presidency College" , Ishan entered inside through the entrance , holding onto shubman tightly.

"It's huge" ishan said.

"It is, you will get used to it soon Ishan" shubman squeezed his hand lightly.

Ishan loved how Shubman never said negetive things to him, he would always say things that would calm his anxiety down.

They stopped by a room.
"Go Ishan, it's the room for your test. Remember to greet them well. Give your best Ishan" Shubman said before letting his hand go.

Ishan fiddled his hand standing there.
"What if it goes bad?" He looked up with a pout.

"It won't Ishan, Just give your best, don't worry about results much" shubman assured him , like always.

Ishan nodded, he went inside the classroom.

After almost two hours, an excited Ishan came out , shubman quickly approached him.
"How was it Ishan?"

"It went so well Shubi! That one lady teacher told me I will definitely make it!" Ishan said, almost jumping in excitement.

"I told you!" Shubman said.

"Are Shubman!" A young man called out, making Shubman turn around.

"Are Abhishek, how are you!" Shubman exclaimed, both of them hugged.

"I am good, what brings you here?" Abhishek asked.

"I am here for admission test"

"You want to spend your 3 years in this hellhole again?" Abhishek said with a shock.

"Are no, I am here for my husband" shubman said, gesturing at Ishan who was busy flipping through some papers.

He suddenly looked at shubman, checking if he heard it wrong or Shubman really called him his husband.

"Are! You got married and never told me! Kamine" Abhishek hit on Shubman's stomach.

"It was um all too fast, not a typical marriage, I will explain tommorow in press"

"You better explain everything. By the way, namaste Jija ji" Abhishek greeted, with a smile.

Ishan blushed slightly at the reference, "namaste.." he said in low voice, greeting him back.

"Don't make him awkward!" Shubman yelled at Abhishek.

"Bhaiya! Apko kabse dhoond Rahi thi mai"
A girl in yellow saree, neatly tied hair came running to Abhishek.

"Oh hey , Shubman. How are you?" She smiled , extending her hand for a greeting.

"I am good, here for admission?"

"Yes!" She smiled beautifully, showing her dimples.

"he got married and never told us!" Abhishek said.

"Hey! Where's she!" She asked.

"It's him, Ishan, meet her she is Abhishek's sister"
Ishan smiled.
"Hi"
She extended her hand, "hey Ishan, myself Aditi. Nice to meet you!"

Ishan accepted her hand.

--------------------------------------------------------
New charactersss😌