Chapter 19

"Let's start by repairing the otherworld. Then we can pursue our other goals."

"Agreed, mom. So, what's first?"

"Oh, how I hate to interrupt this family reunion but where do you think you're going, ladies? I did not dismiss you."

"Dismiss us? What are you talking about?" I asked Alexander.

"Do you really think I didn't have a failsafe in place, Helene? You ladies cannot leave this era or the otherworld. You are stuck here in the seventeen-hundreds if I am in this cage or out of it. Only I can break the spell I cast on the time barriers. I made sure of it."

As if on cue Divinity and Freyja came into view. Freyja walked directly to Alexander's prison cell to speak with him while her sister came over to stand with my mother and me.

"What was that you just said, Alexander? Something about not being able to use the time barriers. I would like to be the first to inform you that the barriers are working perfectly. As proof, I present to you myself and my sister Divinity." Both ladies curtsied in Alexander's direction.

"That is impossible! It cannot be," Alexander screamed.

My mother spoke next. "It is not only possible but it is factual. Alexander, you spent so much time consumed by your hatred of my family that you forgot I had an extended family on Willow Island. Witches that were helping me right under your nose. Just like the witches you see before you. They helped me because you were wrong to entrap the inhabitants of the otherworld. Even if my family wronged you these witches and their families did nothing to you. They are not my family but my friends. Vengeance clouds the mind, Alexander. It is fueled by your hate which blinds you to your surroundings."

"Whatever! You still cannot leave the otherworld!"

"Again, you are mistaken, Alexander. My gift when wielded by you trapped me here. My gift has been returned to me and I will be reunited with the witches on Willow Island. You however will remain in this cage until you can be trusted to play nice with others."

My mother turned her attention to everyone else who had gathered around her. "Now back to the task at hand. Divinity have you found my ancestors who he had trapped?"

"Yes and no. We know that at least some of them are trapped in this time-period. With the barriers just coming back online Freyja and I have not had the opportunity to find their exact locations yet."

"That's a start. I will leave you to it then. Please bring them here when they are located."

"Absolutely." Let's go Freyja. This nightmare is almost over."

As the sisters floated away my mother addressed Oliver. "Thank you so much for your help, Oliver. Please go and reunite with your family. My daughter and I need to eliminate Alexander's awful fog from this place so that we can return to speak with our ancestors."

"Thank you, Helene. I will never forget what you have done for us all."

"Alright then. It seems all that is left is for us to remove the fog and then meet back here to talk with our ancestors, Mom."

"Exactly, Luna. So, let's do some time traveling and fog removal shall we."

With each time-barrier jump, we encountered more fog, Alexander had really been busy since I left these periods, but our approach to the fog was always the same. After finding the center of the time-period which was marked by a fountain or some other grand monument. Mom would take my left hand into her right and together we would raise them over our heads to the sky. Then we would channel our power and repeat three times 'nebula dissipatus aeternum.' Every time without fail the fog slowly dissipated until it was gone completely.