Chapter 7

It was the day of the interviews and Scarlett was helping Cedric with his hair. "Remember the tips dad said, don't say anything that can be twisted and used against you. Be direct with your answers. Be charming...but when aren't you, just be calm and be yourself. Everyone likes you and gets on with you so being yourself will be fine. You've got this. Remember to smile for pictures, need to make sure you uphold the family reputation."

Cedric laughed at his sisters nervous rambling. Although he was the one in the spotlight, she was the one who was the most nervous, he thought it might be a twin thing. She was probably taking all the nervous energy away from him so he could think clearly and be confident. He stood up which finally stopped her rambling "I'm going now Scar, my hair looks fine and I don't want to be late, remember dad's saying..."

"Late is always a bad state." they said in unison before laughing at how dumb their dad's saying was.

Scarlett breathed to calm herself "Okay, good luck. You'll do amazing I'm sure of it."

As he walked away Scarlett sat on her brother's bed letting her thoughts race. She was fidgeting and could hardly sit still so she gave up on the idea of waiting for him in his room instead deciding to go for a walk to get her mind off everything.

--------------------

Scarlett was walking aimlessly until she realised she was outside the Gryffindor common room. As soon as she realised, she turned around and felt confused as to how and why she had walked over here. She started to walk away when she heard the portrait swing open and two familiar voices getting louder and louder

"I think we should take bets and make a bit of money from this tournament Georgie."

"I know Freddie, I just don't know how Scar is going to feel about us taking bets on Diggory failing or getting injured or worse." 

They both stopped as they saw her standing outside looking disappointed "So, you're planning on taking bets against Ced?"

The boys looked down guilt plastered on their faces

"I'll take that action 3 galleons on Ced successfully completing the first task whatever it may be." Scarlett smiled as the boys looked at each other in disbelief. She took out her galleons and offered them to the twins. It took a few seconds for them to process and for Fred to take the galleons off her as George wrote it down in his notepad. She couldn't help but giggle a little at how confused they were "I'm not as predictable as you might think boys and I'm never one to turn down a good bet, especially when I know for a fact I'm going to win."

"That you aren't Scar. You surprised everyone with your speech after the champions were announced. Hermione nearly cried at how intimidating you were." Fred replied amused, recovering his playful and carefree attitude. He was completely oblivious to how guilty what he had said made Scarlett feel. She never meant to intimidate anyone, especially sweet Hermione. 

George quickly noticed Scarletts face fall "She's fine now and she completely understands why you said what you said. Everyone does. In fact, everyone is on your side. Even Ron is annoyed at Harry for entering."

Although he intended to make her feel better it only made Scarlett feel worse. She was a reason why Harry was being punished even by his friends, she hated that fact and she knew she had to do something about it but also was confused as to how his own friends were angry at him about something Cedric was so adamant wasn't his fault. 

George realised he'd made the situation worse and elbowed Fred who got the message 

"I'm going to put this money in a safe place Georgie, I'll join you later." Fred turned to go back into the Gryffindor common room leaving the two of them alone.