Chapter 11

"Mum sent me 4 dresses. I can't decide which is the prettiest, Ceedddd help meeee." Scarlett whined as she emptied her parcel containing the dress options for the Yule Ball in the Hufflepuff common room 

Cedric laughed at how frazzled and stressed she'd become from the parcel

"This isn't funny Ced I need help! You don't understand the jealousy I feel at the fact you got sent your dress robes and that's it. I have a strapless purple gown, this long-sleeved red ball gown, my pink mermaid gown or this blue number. Why do I have such amazing taste in dresses? " Scarlett continued as she laid her dresses out on the sofa next to her brother. 

He stood up and studied each dress carefully spending 2 minutes staring at each dress nodding attentively getting closer and moving farther away until he finally turned to Scarlett "I don't know Scar."

Scarlett lay on the floor sulking feeling defeated, this only caused Cedric to laugh more. He joined her on the floor and lay next to her as they studied the ceiling 

"Bianca and the others will be coming back from class soon, they will definitely be more help." He comforted her, then it hit him "Try them on. That will give me a better perspective."

Scarlett stood up in excitement, her hope restored and grabbed her dresses before heading to her room for the fashion show. She speedily put the blue number on first and made her way back to the common room where she found a bigger crowd waiting for her than when she had left.

Cedric had been joined by Bianca, Andrew and their usual group of friends and some other girls from their year.

"You look beautiful Scar." One of the girls said but Bianca shook her head "You look good but I'm not sure."

The rest of her group of friends nodded in agreement as the other girls looked at them confused. Scarlett went back to her room and tried the red dress on. 

"I'm not sure about this one to be honest with you guys, it's a bit too pouffy for this occasion."She stated as she returned to the common room. The other girls looked at Cedric and the main friendship group before giving a reaction. 

Heidi was the first from the group to give her opinion "I agree it's cute, but it doesn't do you justice."

Bianca agreed and the other girls nodded "Very cute but the previous dress was better."

Scarlett smiled as she ran back to her room excited that she was finally getting somewhere with her dresses. She put the pink one on and felt much more comfortable, enjoying how it hugged her figure.

"I think we've found your dress Scar." Tamsin exclaimed happily when she caught sight of Scarlett who gave a few twirls in excitement before walking back to her room. 

Although she felt like the pink was the dress for her she thought she'd try on the final purple dress just to be 100% sure the pink one was the best choice. She breathed a sigh of relief at her decision because when she zipped up the purple dress and saw herself in the full-length mirror, she gasped at how beautiful she looked. She walked back to the common room and announced "Forget the other dress. This is the dress."

The girls got up and joined her excitedly with ideas of hair, makeup and accessories that would go with the dress while the boys nodded approvingly.

"Scar you look beautiful! I cannot believe we nearly went for the pink dress over this majestic piece." Bianca studied the dress on her best friend

"George is a lucky lad Scar, his jaw is going to drop when he sees you." Heidi joined in 

Cedric smiled and whispered to Andrew "Is it just me or did the dresses although different colours look kinda similar?"