31 ♪ be each other's company

Chapter thirty-one

Jihyun stares up at her ceiling, lost in the space rather than her own thoughts. It had been a while since she had been so puzzled over something trivial, but here she was. Laying in bed and gawking up at the glow in the dark stars among the plafond, Jihyun finally wills herself to look around her room for any ounce of inspiration.

Actually, she couldn't quite name the last time she had gotten inspiration from looking around her room because it was very minimalist in every kind of way. Necessities out in the open–some of them–and entertainment stored away wherever. Muted colors because she prefers them over their lurid counterparts.

If she wanted any amount of creativity, she'd probably  have to crack open one of the books collecting dust on her shelf that she's already read over before. And she doubted any fantasy book would give her an idea of what to wear to a date if anything.

She stared back down at her blanket and debated whether or not she should get up at this moment. The date wasn't until a quarter after three, and given that it was one in the afternoon, she still had a lot of time to stall and think about what to wear later on, but she cared too much, so Jihyun thought about it now.

However, she hadn't bothered to get up to rummage through her closet, and opted to just picture together outfits in her mind with the hope that they did her justice when she put them on–if any of them were deemed good enough.

Seriously, why am I overthinking this so much?

"Are you really going to spend the rest of this call trying to think about what to wear on your little date?"

"It's not a little date, Rohee."

"It's not your first one either," Rohee jests. "The endless meetups, the fair date?"

"Those weren't dates," Jihyun clarified. "They were hang-outs...with friends. Or on the account of the meetups, we were still bitter towards each other at the time."

"I wonder why I don't believe you."

"Okay, you can work against me, or you can be my dearest sweetest friend and help me decide what to wear."

"Ask Jeeyu, he has good taste," Rohee chuckled.

Jihyun immediately scrunched her face at the absurdity of the statement given what happened last time. It wasn't anything serious, and was rather a little moment for her to hang out with her little brother, and the boy–being so interested in fashion over car toys at the time–had urged to look through her closet and pick out something for her to wear.

The result of it? An knitted orange vest overtop a flashy purple blouse, paired with loose black pants and a perfect skirt ruined by his marker drawing incomplete stars and sloppy smiley faces, and of course, tousled hair from how many times she changed in and out of something knew.

Jihyun doesn't know what she would do to escape wearing something that Jeeyu planned again.

"Absolutely not," She asserted.

"Lame."

Jihyun doesn't know why she says that, because if she remembered correctly, the day that Rohee had came over, Jeeyu had offered to exercise his fashionista skills on her, and she quickly denied kindly after seeing the result of his endeavor on Jihyun last time, and laughing her ass off about it.

"I'm going to look lame if I don't start planning out what I'm going to wear."

"He's seen you at your worst," Rohee tells her simply.

Which, that statement wasn't that far off. Riki had seen her once or twice when she could care less about how she looked when storming into the HVBE building, so if her worst was some sweatpants and a black jacket zipped up to her neck, then Rohee's right. And after considering it, Riki had seen her when she was sleeping, so that counts too.