2 ♪ tickets

Chapter two

"So...how did it go?" Rohee asked with a smile on her face. It was warming. She seemed cheery in the way she assumed Jihyun to win. And Jihyun truly had wished to win, too, but unfortunately, she didn't. All because of her first loss in a game of rock paper scissors, that must be what triggered the following loss of the debate.

Jihyun tugged her headphones down for them to hang around her neck. "My team..." She tapped the desk with her hands to create a drumroll effect. Though her countenance was mundane and emotionless. "Lost," she said after seeing Rohee's anticipation rise.

Rohee instantly frowns. "Damn. I'm guessing that Riki was a good opponent?"

Jihyun scoffs ridiculously. "Sure."

"Hey. Just because you lost doesn't mean you didn't do a good job, seriously. Don't let it get to you and think about future topics that may be even better." Rohee puts her hands up. "I always say, if it doesn't work out then you're supposed to receive better."

Jihyun nods. "Yeah, I'm not too upset. You're glass half full mindset truly influenced me." She clicks her pen to close it so that it won't dry out. "Right now, I'm just waiting for the recording to be emailed to my school account. I want to look over it."

"Hmm. What for?" Rohee asks.

"Just, y'know. I want to look over it to learn what other lenses I should look at the prompt through. It can help me become a better debater to consider more than one lens so I want to get better so that I'll always win," Jihyun answers.

"Ah, okay. Then, I won't bother you, and next time you better win!" Rohee put her fist up and gave Jihyun a fixed expression of determination.

Jihyun grinned, she had to stop letting this debate get to her anyway. So she threw up an ok sign before turning back to her notebook.

 So she threw up an ok sign before turning back to her notebook

Riki was a good opponent. He considered what she didn't and delivered every single one of his points eloquently, and his face remained the same. Riki was nonchalant despite the arguments being thrown at him, thus never showing if he was truly caught off guard by anything that was being said. Riki was good enough to not only win against many others on the team but her as well.

Now Jihyun was considering if he may be an upcoming opponent for a long time if she wanted to secure herself as first. If she tallies it, Riki is now ahead by one. But she could change that. Her ambition wasn't going to sit by and allow her to give up that easily.

She taps her pen against her bottom lip as she thinks.

We all process things differently and at different speeds.