7. The truth about love

~AVA~

Ava didn't know what she was looking at. White and black met on the canvas in a way that had her Initially thinking it was a tree line but tilting her head gave it the vibe of an icicle lined cave. The only thing she was really certain about was it being the most boring fucking painting she'd ever seen. But being as it was the only artwork in Beatrice's entire home, it had to mean something to her, and Ava was determined to figure out why.

A hand fisted in her hair, and Ava's focus shifted back to the woman behind her. The woman that was currently bending Ava over the kitchen bench as she fucked her from behind with a lime green strap-on.

"Ugh..." Her body burned with pleasure at the angle this new position afforded them. "Fuck, Bea..."

There was no reply, only an increase in speed. Ava groaned.

Over the two weeks that they had officially rebranded their relationship to friends with benefits, they had seen each other almost every day. But these booty calls were normally at Ava's place, in fact, this was only the third time she'd been in Beatrice's apartment.

The apartment was decorated like a show home, with very simple furnishings. Other than the bedroom there were no photos of family, or old books, or knickknacks, or anything that really screamed that someone lived here, but even then, the small pile of novels and one photo of a young Beatrice and Lilith were the only personal items that sat tidily on one of Beatrice's bedside tables.

Ava's eyes drifted back to the painting, and her curiosity piqued.

"Bea...?" It came out a little more like a grunt than she intended, the toy's rapid pace making it hard to concentrate.

Beatrice's hand moved from Ava's hair to the base of her spine, holding her firm as she thrust deeper. She felt Beatrice lean over her, her body heat burning into Ava's back through her shirt.

A hot, wet tongue teased the shell of her ear. "Yes, darling?"

"Fuck..." Ava's fingers tightened on the counter edge.

"Feels good?" Beatrice purred, sliding her other hand to Ava's hip and tugging her backwards so she could fuck into her harder.

"Mmhm... but..." Ava dropped her forehead to the cold marble in front of her trying to remember what she was about to say, "I...I was gonna ask about the, ahh fuck, the painting..."

"Oh." Beatrice's fingers crept under the hem of her shirt, hiking it upwards so she could plant openmouthed kisses over the backs of Ava's bare shoulder blades, "Do you like it?"

In the rush to try out their latest purchase, they hadn't even made it to the bedroom, let alone out of their clothes, before Ava's skirt was pushed up and Beatrice's jeans were around her ankles, the harness buckled securely over the top of her boy shorts.

"What is it..." Ava had to pause as Beatrice again picked up the pace, her hot pants against Ava's flushed skin stealing most of her focus. "What is it supposed to be?"

"Huh..." Beatrice's hips stuttered, her thrusts slowing much to Ava's disappointment. "I don't actually know... it was here when I moved in."

Ava looked back at her in surprise. "Are you telling me absolutely nothing in this room was put here by you?"

Beatrice shrugged, "it's just an apartment."

Ava was horrified, "It's your home, Bea! We are definitely going to do something about that. But first..." She wriggled against Beatrice's hips, "I need you to finish what you started."