-'๑'-cнαρтɛя 13

ϰιιι. вɛиɛѵσℓɛит

✧ ✦ ✧

"It's. . . too hot," you groaned as you fanned your face with your hand while resting your head against the other. Alhaitham rolled his eyes. You've been quiet for the most part after your failed attempts for him to put you down, until you started complaining how hot it was for the third time.

"We're nearing towards the desert, of course it is." He replied nonchalantly.

"I know that!" You said, before bringing your hands to your head. "All this heat is giving me a headache. . ." You said, beginning to get a dizzy feeling behind your eyes.

"It's only been fourty minutes," Alhaitham said, who as a matter of fact, was still carrying you. "-- so stop complaining."

You look down at him, bringing your hand up as if you were about to smack him on the back of his head because it was that tempting.

But. . . he has been carrying you this entire time -- or more like he has you thrown over his shoulder like you weighed nothing. You were surpised how he hasn't even broken a sweat.

But as long as you weren't walking, you weren't going to say anything, which is why you didn't care enough to tell him to put you down anymore, mostly because he wasn't putting you down when you told him to earlier.

So instead, you silently made a mocking gesture before crossing your arms and turning away.

As if he had sensed it, he suddenly set you down without a warning.

"H-Hey!" You stumbled your footing before you instinctively grabbed onto Alhaitham, using him to compose your stance as you pulled yourself straight.

He didn't move a bit.

"What was the point of that? It was uncalled for," You said while patting down your clothes.

"I was getting tired." He replied with a hint of sarcasm.

'Now he was getting tired?!'

You sighed as you began to walk alongside each other, not even bothering to humor him. "Why are we here anyways? I hate the desert." You muttered.

"Isn't it obvious?" Alhaitam said with annoyance. "We're here because you're now a fugitive with the entire Corps of Thirty looking for you."

This was just great for him. Just fantastic. He'd much rather be at home as of right now, reading one his favorite books full of information that wasn't necessary or him to know, but still learned anyways.

Oh, and you got the memo from his tone. It honestly made you feel a little bad for this entire situation, even though it wasn't exactly your fault.

Alhaitham couldn't help but find it ridiculous how easily scammed you were, and how much of an easy target that made you. "Is it possible you're that easily influenced over a cheap, sketchy. . . jelly machine?" He narrowed his eyes. "I didn't think you held that much of a short attention span,"

Okay, so it was your fault.

Alhaitham spoke almost as if he was scolding you while you two walked through the concrete entrance from of the Caravat Riban. But you just looked away and bit back your tongue, mostly from embarrassment.

He was right. His question remained lingering in the air as you didn't respond. Your silence didn't go unnoticed.

"Hm. Nevermind — Of course you do." He said passive aggressively, but your silence didn't go unnoticed.