-'๑'- cнαρтєя 5

ѵ. ρяɛтɛи∂ɛя

✧ ✦ ✧

One moment, you find yourself one-sidedly arguing in a library, with a man who you can't tell is messing with you or he genuinely hates you.

And in the next, you were sitting down with a table full of strangers and also happened to be sitting next to the said man who somehow managed to force you into a social situation.

You could've just not went. As much as you know, this could literally be a kidnapping, or these people could be a secret cult that hates all archons trying to convert you as a member.

But hey, free food, right? Not that this is a completely valid reason . . .

"To be completely honest with you, I'd never expect Alhaitham be the one to bring guests." The forest ranger said, who you recognized as Tighnari. You had met him before, but it was only because he saved you from embarrassingly being chased by a bunch of mushrooms. . .

"It's nice to see you, Y/n." He said. "Tell me again, how exactly do you know each other?"

You pause for a moment, deciding whether you really wanted to tell the real story or not. You had just met him a few days ago and keep running into him. But from all the times you've met, you've gathered enough so far to judge that he was a complete asshole.

But then the blonde sitting on the other seat next to him decided to respond for you.

"Oh, please -- I for one would love to tell this story." The familiar blonde male, Kaveh, spoke up, which Alhaitham would've thought he wasn't going to be here. But it turns out Cyno just lied to him.

"I mean, none of you will be surprised to hear how rude he was, especially considering he --"

"I believe Tighnari wasn't directing the question  towards you." Alhaitham cuts him off, not even faltering either.

It was clear Kaveh was already letting the alcohol get to him just slightly, but he shuts up a bit embarrassed. "How rude of me — Go ahead, Y/n."

Suddenly, everyone's attention at the table is on you, expecting you to continue for him.

"Well. . ." You pause, trying to come up with a way to filter out how things have really been these past few days you've met him. Your mind recalls the first time you actually did meet Alhaitham, which was literally almost about a week ago.

"He offered me assistance in the House of Daena with a few books."

Lies.

You smile, hoping they would just buy it. Then, you recall the moment at the cafe. "We also met at Puspa Cafe and had some coffee together!"

More lies.

Kaveh almost spits out his drink after hearing that lie, but he keeps it in. And that's when you remember, he was there, too. Alhaitham feels a tug pulling the corner of his lips, fighting the smirk that was trying to form.

"Interesting." Cyno says, clearly being able to see through your lie. Tighnari also hums in reply, his eyes flicking between you and Alhaitham who kept his infamous poker face and and didn't bother to say anything.

The rest of the afternoon goes by, and you find yourself getting along so well with the rest of them here. You could tell they were great people, and you certainly don't regret being forced to come here.

Alhaitham surprisingly didn't talk as much. You almost felt bad for him, but he was also an asshole to you so you didn't really care, even though you weren't being the better person for that.