-'๑'- cнαρтɛя 7

νιι.  тɛαƨɛ 

✧ ✦ ✧

Your back was pressed against the wall. Alhaitham leaned in to hide yourselves just a bit more as he brought a hand to cover your mouth since you wouldn't stop talking, and it would draw attention.

"Be quiet." He said sternly, looking you dead in the eyes and giving you an intimidating look that obviously made you oblige. And as much as you tried not to, you were now blushing like crazy.

Nobody were to care if you were seen like this in Sumeru, especially because there was a bunch of lively people just walking around, they wouldn't pay attention to it and would just assume it's just a random couple. You two would just be blending in.

Alhaitham then looked towards the side, not saying anything about your red face, and then you heard a few voices.

"Where the hell did he go?"

You couldn't really see anything, since his arm was in the way, including the message board also being there. The man almost caught Alhaitham watching, since he was at least able to see your heads.

So Alhaitham swiftly leaned in towards you even more and looked at the floor, his hand still remaining over your mouth. You genuinely felt scared after realizing there really was people following.

But at the same time — if he didn't remove his hand any time soon, you swear you would kick him in the crotch. Since both of your hands were free, you tried to use one to remove it, but only failed since he didn't even budge. So you then started to use your other hand. The most you could do was let out a bunch of 'mmphs' in annoyance.

"That bastard. . ." One of the gruff voices said as they looked around, before stopping towards your direction again, his intuition sending him suspicion.

Quick to act, and beginning to get irritated, Alhaitham then took both of your wrists with his free hand, pinning them just above your head. This took you by surprise, suddenely feeling more vulnerable. But what shocked you even more was that his face was now closer than before. His facial features from such a proximity was something else.

"Stop." He said in a firm, low voice. That was just enough to send chills down your spine. He wasn't messing around.

"You idiots let him get away! Go back and find that narcissistic prick!"

"Y-Yes sir!"

"Got it!"

The men disappeared from sight. Shortly after, Alhaitham chuckles quietly. "Idiots." He mutters, before finally removing his hand from your mouth. As soon as he did, you were quick to say something.

"This is the only time you're ever allowed to put your hands on me like that!" You said, annoyed that this man had the absolute audacity to just do such a thing.

He then looks up at you, making you flick your eyes away nervously since you both were still in position. "Is that so. . .?" He says with a hint of tease. "Well maybe if you could just listen for once, I wouldn't have done so. And lower your voice, they're possibly still nearby."

"You're telling me to listen? You're constantly interrupting me!" You watched your volume, but the fact that he still had your hands pinned was adding the fuel to your fire. "And I'll only lower my voice when you LET GO OF—mymhf!"

Alhaitham immediately put his hand back on your mouth when you suddenely raised your voice. You squirmed, trying to break free of his hold. Sure enough, the men were back in the area.