-'๑'- cнαρтɛя 9

ιχ. αcɛ

✧ ✦ ✧

Alhaitham's eyes flicked down to the light blush on your cheeks from his comment. He can obviously tell what was beginning to happen, but he won't say anything . . . at least not right now.

"Well then, you have my attention now don't you? Or is just talking simply not enough for you. . .?"

You can feel your face heat up even more -- Oh how amusing it was to easily get that reaction from you. "Wh-. . ." you don't even know how to reply to these types of remarks from him anymore. Because at this point, it was almost as if he was flirting with you? But your mind was quick to ridicule these thoughts, and was easily covered up with him just trying to get under your skin.

"Y-You know what? I've had enough of your constant. . . whatever it is. I'd rather spend my time with someone who willingly wants to hang out."

You then stand up, making sure you left nothing behind and even leaving a tip. Alhaitham was amused, putting his book away but only to observe you and your movements.

In fact, his gaze was so strong you couldn't help but acknowledge it. "Stop staring at me!" You blushed, turning your body to face him. The moment you looked at him, his eyes were halfway skimming you top to bottom. If only you could tell what he was thinking. 

"You're standing right there, it's only natural for my eyes to land on you." he replies with a slight pull tugging at the corner of his lips. You scoff, making him smirk as you begin to walk out of the cafe. You've had it with him. 

He was so infuriating, and yet even just being aware of the way he would stare at you made you feel something else. 

You were now at the entrance -- your hand going to push the door open only for another hand to come from above and push it wider. 

You jump out of the suddeness, turning around only to see Alhaitham standing right behind. You quickly get out before turning around as he followed shortly. "You're following me now?" You said while crossing your arms. 

"Don't get your hopes up. The men from earlier could still be nearby and you were seen walking with me, you get the idea." Alhaitham said.

That was true, but. . . you'd prefer anything but  to spend some more time with this prick at the moment. "Okay, well I can defend myself." 

"Really now?" He says with a sarcastic tone. "Well then, I guess it wouldn't be a problem for you to handle all three of them and  the others that they might bring." 

"Oh c'mon! Just because you outplayed them they're going to send an entire group to get you? What did you even steal anyways?" 

"I don't steal," He brushes you off calmly. "I just played them in their own game." 

This moment was when you started to wonder if even knowing Alhaitham was a safe bet. So he was an asshole, and now what -- he was a con, as well? And while your thoughts began to run, you spot a pretty blonde boy out of the corner of your eye get in sight.

"Oh, Kaveh! Hello!" You said, waving your hand to him with an immediate smile appearing on your face as you spotted him. "Y/n!" He smiles back, but only to you as he made his way towards the both of you. 

"Alhaitham." His smile disappears.

"Kaveh." Alhaitham replies boredely.

Kaveh turns to you again. "What're you two doing here? Are you perhaps. . . having coffee together?" He hesitated, but was acting extremely surprised. "Ah, w-well we were." You said. Kaveh's tone was rather suspicious, but you pretend to ignore it. "I was actually just leaving though," You paused, not really thinking itw as necessary for anyone else to know that that you were only leaving because of him. 

However, Kaveh knew that look all too well, because it was that same look he would pull whenever he was out with Alhaitham, "Wait, don't tell me you're leaving because of him, are you?" He asked. But you don't reply. It was kind of obvious anyways. Kaveh then groans and turns to Alhaitham.

"You --! What did I tell you yesterday? You were supposed to —uh. . ." He looks at you for a moment, seeing as you were listening but just confused."E-Excuse us, Y/n. Haha." He awkwardly chuckles before beginning to talk quieter and pulling Alhaitham aside. 

You couldn't make out what Kaveh was saying, but it was ridiculous how everytime Alhaitham replied, he would talk in just a regular volume rather than trying to be discreet.

"What? We were grabbing coffee? Isn't that what —"

"Shush—! And yes, but I didn't. . ."

You could only hear the first few words everytime he spoke, the rest was inaudible.

"I don't see a problem with it. Do I look like I can control someone's actions all the time?"

"Ugh! When I said to. . . I didn't mean. . . you need to. . . "

"Oh. Well then. . . have at it."

' what in the world are they talking about. . . ?'

Kaveh let out an exasperated sigh. Of course he shouldn't have let things off to Alhaitham. He then finally turns to you. "So. . . Y/n,"

"Uhm, what is it?" You asked. Oh boy, what now.

"Yeah — uh, a friend of ours is performing at Zubayr Theatre tonight, and we thought it would be great for you to join! A-And don't worry, the others from last time will show up, too."

Your eyebrows slightly furrowed in suspicion, "we?" You repeated, but you kept a polite expression."Of course! Isn't that right, Alhaitham?"

When Kaveh looked back, Alhaitham already had his book out. "Hm?"

Kaveh could feel a headache coming in from how infuriating Alhaitham was acting. The least he could do was pay attention. 

Kaveh really doesn't understand, though. He was trying  to help him. So he doesn't see why Alhaitham was being so uncooperative -- or actually, he was most likely only being like this to get under Kaveh's nerves as well.

"Oh," He flicks his eyes to you before looking back at Kaveh. ". . .sure." He said sarcastically, Kaveh knowing all too well that he was being so, but choosing to ignore it anyways.

"See?" Kaveh tries to smile at you convincingly. You could tell something was going on, but maybe Kaveh was just an awkward guy. . .

"I don't know. . ." You said, getting close to whisper something to him. Kaveh quickly reciprocated, leaning in his ear closer. "Between us, I-I don't really think he likes me, haha."

Kaveh suddenly let out a stifled laugh, catching you by surprise as he crossed his arms. "Which is why I think this is the perfect opportunity for all of us to get to know each other better, don't you think?"

Okay, so he did have a point. But hasn't he already proved himself wrong in all those moments? I mean, take this morning for example: his apology isn't even genuine. He's only doing this because he feels like he has to, at least that's what you thought.

But again, he wasn't saying it was just to know Alhaitham, it was for everyone. Which you were assuming was Tighnari and Cyno as well. And you actually liked the two, including Kaveh.

You sighed before answering. "It can't be so bad, right?" Kaveh's expression lit up even more, he didn't really think you were actually going to agree. "Okay, great!"

This was perfect, absolutely perfect. Not only were things now easier, but maybe things would actually progress between the two of you. Kaveh may or may not have some things up his sleeve.

To Alhaitham, this was also perfect. Because what Kaveh didn't know, is that he himself had his own little plan.

His own little plan to get to you even more. 

✧ ✦ ✧

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐