VI

Euston Station

2130 hours

Current Conditions: Overcast

Sodor Castle and Phoenix pulled into London Euston after departing the Bluebell Railway. They had stopped for a crew change and refueling while the passengers got off to have a stretch while the staff inside the coaches made beds and readied sheets and pillows so the passengers could grab some sleep.

Sodor Castle: "Do you have to go Driver?" he asked.

Sodor Castle's Driver (Francis): "All of us humans need rest kid." he replied, "I'll see you in the morning, but for now, try to get along with the relief crew."

Sodor Castle: "I can try." he replied.

Sodor Castle's Driver (Francis): "Attaboy." he said, patting his engine's cab before walking back to the coaches.

As Sodor Castle idled, waiting for his relief crew he caught the tail end of Phoenix and Alex saying goodbye for the night.

Phoenix: "Please, please don't go..." she begged.

Phoenix's Driver (Alex): "I'm sorry Firebird, but I have to, the law says I can't stay on your footplate 24/7 and neither can your fireman." he explained, "I have to leave you in the relief crew's hands."

Phoenix whimpered, nervous at the prospect until Sodor Castle made himself known by giving Phoenix an engine hug, pushing forward until both of their buffers were at maximum depression.

Sodor Castle: "Don't worry, you'll have me right behind you the whole way." he said.

Phoenix blushed at the hug as Alex took this chance to start walking away.

Phoenix's Driver (Alex): "See? Nothing to worry about." he chuckled, making his way to the coaches, "I'll see you in the morning."

Alex soon disappeared into the coaches as Phoenix backed up a little, further depressing the springs in her's and Sodor Castle's buffers.

Phoenix: "Th-thank you." she whispered.

Sodor Castle: "You're welcome." he smiled.

The 2 engines stayed like this until 4 men walked up to them and got them ready for the long trip to Barrow.

Somewhere on the West Coast Mainline

0000 hours

Current Conditions: Overcast

King Edward II was having the worst time of his life. Multiple times now Lady of Legend had screeched on her brakes and demanded a stop so she could 'rest her swerves' whatever those were. King Edward II was sulking at one of these stops, annoyed.

King Edward II: "Hurry up you, we're running late!" he yelled.

Lady of Legend: "I cannot quicken my resting." she said, smugly, "You will just have to wait."

King Edward II groaned, regretting his decision to follow the bratty engine all the way to Sodor before reminding himself why he was doing this.

King Edward II: 'You can do this Blue King. She needs to get on the island and you need to make sure she stays on the island.' he thought, "Alright, that's enough resting."

With a rough yank, King Edward II dragged the smaller engine and the small train along.

Lady of Legend: "Wha-?! Hey! I wasn't done resting!" she protested.