IV

IV

Tidmouth Station, Island of Sodor

0700 hours

Current Conditions: Clear

It was a bright, sunny morning on the Island of Sodor. The First Passenger train of the day was being prepared for the departure and the Fat Controller was in his office, signing some paperwork. Just then, his telephone rang.

Sir Topham Hatt: "Ugh, bother that telephone...hello?" he said, picking up the phone.

Mr. Corbin: "Ah, Sir Topham , great to hear your voice once again my old friend." he said.

Sir Topham Hatt: "Ah, Mr. Corbin, hello." he said, "May I ask why you called? It's not an issue with Sodor Castle, is it?"

Mr. Corbin: "No no, nothing of the sort, the good lad is in the Heritage Unit Sheds near London at the moment, initial reports state that he is quite happy with Bittern and Tornado making him feel quite welcomed." he replied.

Sir Topham Hatt: "I see, well, what is this call about then?" he asked.

Mr. Corbin: "To answer that question, I must ask you another." he replied, "What do you know of Lady of Legend?"

Sir Topham Hatt: "Not a lot to be honest." he said, "I do know how she was built, was shocked to find that she was built on the frames of a dead engine."

Mr. Corbin: "Yes, Maindy Hall was quite adamant that should all efforts to save her fail, her boiler and frames be used to help revive the Saint Class." he stated, "The other Great Western Engines respected her wishes and we ended up with our dear little Lady of Legend."

Sir Topham Hatt: "She is quite a little miracle, I will say." he stated, "But that does not answer my question."

Mr. Corbin: "Well, it's already been 7 years since she was completed and yet in that time, King Edward I has kept coddling her, she's turned into a Spoiled Little Brat of an engine and refuses to pull anything but small Passenger Trains." he explained, "King Edward I seems to have moulded the engine into a sort of show piece that does not like work in the same way that normal engines do."

Sir Topham Hatt: "I think I see where this is going..." he groaned, "I'll have Duck prepare a spot in his sheds at Arlesburgh for her."

Mr. Corbin: "Oh thank the Lord! Thank you sir! She's been an utter pest to all of us here at Didcot, we're hoping that your railway will straighten her out." he said.

Sir Topham Hatt: "I see, we'll expect her at roughly the same time as Sodor Castle and Phoenix, well good day." he said, hanging up the phone, "Right....

Gordon was sitting in Platform 2, waiting for his coaches to be shunted into Platform 1. The Express Engine was in an amazing mood at the moment as he sizzled at the platform, he was on time, Thomas was already traversing the points in front of him, he was polished well, none of the other engines were teasing him about anything, and overall the weather was lovely.

Gordon: "What a wonderful day today." he smiled, "The sun is shining, the birds are singing, my paintwork is shining, the passengers are happy, there are no cheeky pests today ... .yes, what a wonderful day today."

Thomas: "Morning Gordon." he greeted, backing into the station towing the Express Coaches, "You're in a good mood."

Gordon: "Yes Little Thomas, it is quite a wonderful day after all." he chuckled.