Chapter -11

Chapter -11

"How much longer?" Dead beat, Jean was  hanging by just a thread until he collapsed right this moment.

"Hang in there for a few more minutes my lord.Look the Grand Duke's palace is right ahead."

Sitting beside him Darrion meticulously helped relieve his exhaustion by providing tea and fanning him non-stop.

Inside the carriage where Jean had at some point of time crawled in was now crowded. Emile who was previously the only person inside was forced to be squeezed in with this master-servant duo who just for the world's sake won't stop fussing about either the weather being too hot or the bumpy roads and  chattering constantly without a stop!!

Emile : "..."

Fortunately Emile's sufferings soon came to an end when their procession of 50 or so people passed through the huge gates of the Grand Duke's territory. And strangely enough, much to Emile's surprise, he found that the dead pig of a person who was groaning and complaining just a few seconds ago come back to life like a wilted flower revived with full vitality.

No sooner when the parade reached its destination Jean immediately jumped down from within the carriage.

While the rest of the knights and servants were helping and leading away the horses the servants of the Duke also joined in,  the knight-captain and a few of the higher ranking ones followed behind the prince.

As the child and the heir of the Ducal Household it was necessary for Justus to be at the very front.

The small group of people following his tail finally came face-to-face with the family.They were currently standing right at the threshold and first person to greet them was none other than the Duchess, Justus' mother.

Having not seen her son such a long time made her forget etiquette (not that anyone was willing to nitpick).

As soon as Justus stood in front of her she tightly wrapped her thin arms around him engulfing him in her warm embrace.

Such a show of motherly love made everyone go soft in their hearts and no one dared to disturb their moment.

Once she have had enough of hugging her dear son Duchess Mireigh slowly cupped her son's always stoic face in her palms.Her joy had no bound, not knowing whether to smile at her baby's return or mourn at her son's misery.

It was no secret just how much the Duchess cherished and loved her precious child.Her father was a Baron and as the fourth child among her six siblings she was at most times neglected.Her muteness also played a part in her lonely childhood.

While her other siblings were doted upon and praised for even the slightest of achievements she would just silently sit and be happy for them.Even when all of them came of age during the same time all of the attention went to her confident and beautiful sisters while her handsome brothers stole the lights of every party.She as always remained just a shadow in the background.

So years later after she found her love with the Duke they got married without delay and it was then that she vowed to herself that no matter what happens she will always love her child and husband like no other and won't let them feel the lack of familial care and love.

She was a proud mother of a son who excelled in whatever he put his hands on with a bright future ahead and a wife of the person she loved, who was equally excellent and powerful.

But who knew fate will play such a joke on them.Her once prodigal son is now nothing more than someone's concubine.

And that person has the audacity to stand right in front of her.