Chapter -7(2)

Chapter -7(part-2)

"Wait for me," Hector called out to Jean just when the latter was about to make his escape.

After sending off the leads Jean could hardly resist the urge to roll his eyes at this so-called brother.

Seeing that his presence was acknowledged at last Hector scoffed but didn't forget to throw a, "Let's talk" at the latter.

Following behind the Second Prince Jean was led towards a balcony overlooking the vast expanse of the palace grounds. A table was already set for the two with books and papers spread over it.

"What do you want?" Jean felt uneasy for some reason when he was led here. Though he knows that nothing could happen as long as he was within the palace, even so... this feeling of being seen through by the opponent would be uncomfortable for anyone.

"Why such a rush?"

Hector of course had other plans, while pouring himself some wine he tactically asked "Want some?" to which Jean declined decisively.

While in enemy territory one mustn't let their guard down.

"Why did you call me here?" The dilly-dallying attitude annoyed Jean to the utmost. For him coming up with countermeasures against the protagonists for the future was his main concern rather than wasting time in useless chit-chat.

Being exposed to the scrutinizing gaze made him feel like sitting on needles.

Just when he was starting to have the illusion of being stared at by a predator Hector spoke,
" The Northern kingdom of Salona is preparing to send their Princess as a hostage to us.

Just wanted to know your thoughts on that ."
.
.

'Salona

Salo-na

Isn't that the Country where the Main Protagonist came from ?!!'

'Wait wait has the plot come to this point already?
When did that happen? Why did he not realize it sooner?'

While Jean was fighting through his inner
turmoil, Hector, naturally unaware of this continued

"They will be sending envoys to escort the princess. Father has sent out an order to let the Third Brother look after this matter and of course, I will entertain them on *His behalf.

(*His referring to The Emperor)

But the point is not that. The reason why I sought you out is because... I want you to be present there while we welcome the envoys.

Don't give me that dumb look. It's already decided."

Sure enough, this was why he was called over.
Even in the original novel, the owner was ordered to do the same. This was because the Emperor was afraid that he would make trouble did he use this means to supervise his actions. The original was also expected to learn to take responsibility from this episode but because of his nature of seeking trouble the real Jason still made a mess out of the entire event. His frivolous actions became a joke in front of the whole Kingdom.

Even if Jean already knows this he still insisted on hearing it with his ears.

" How so? It's not like I can help you with any of the tasks.
I would like to refuse him this time. Thank you."

"Heh! As reckless as ever I see.No problem I will let Father know of your wishes.

But remember this, being in a pack is always better than being a lone wolf."

Hector strode off without looking back while Jean was left doubting his life.

"Why does he seem offended? I didn't say anything unreasonable."