Chapter -8

Chapter -8

Of course, the people have no time to spare concerned about the fourth prince's weird conduct.

The lower-ranked officials took it up to themselves the introductory proceedings.

And strangely enough, both parties had a tacit understanding and didn't try to pry more than necessary.

The silver strands were conspicuous even amidst the extravagance of the surroundings. The dark blue veil did nothing to help hide the charm of its wearer.

It was as if all the brilliance was meant sheerly for this person alone. Although exhausted and worn out from all the traveling, one couldn't make out even the slightest trace of fatigue in her composure or her bearings.

Jean was a hundred-and-ten-percent sure that the eyes of both the male leads are glued to her at this moment and exactly that's what prevailed when he glanced over.

They were now dumbstruck by her and couldn't take their eyes off her.

'Geez! stop it already guys.
Daddy knows he did a good job ░⁍̴̀⺫⁍̴́░ '

Maybe the other party noticed his starlike gaze which made her look at him.

Jean had no time to turn his head away and the two eyes bumped instantly. Both froze when their gazes met each other.

Jean's shock and Lorelei's curiosity made it so that they got stuck at the moment.

*cough

The warning from Leon brought him back to reality.

The Emperor too gave him THE LOOK but things had to go on so they turned their focus on the still-speaking Escort from Salona.

"As I was saying Your Majesty, our Lord Emperor of Salona, Sloane Cromwell is extremely delighted to be able to come to such a consensus.

He hopes that in the coming years both the kingdoms will go hand in hand and achieve new glories!"

"I hope what you realized just now is true Mr.Escort.

Otherwise, I have seen quite a bunch who does the exact opposite of what they say." The Emperor is not a fool. He already knows what's going on inside the other's mind.

"How is that possible Sire? Of course, our Master is sincere in what he says."

"The long years of war have done enough damage. His Majesty Sloane just wants peace for both the nations and wishes for the well-being of both." It appears that the leader of the escort team is quite proficient in such negotiations.

"He even sent his dearest youngest Princess as a sign of his good faith only in hopes that Your Majesty will be kind towards the captured soldiers of ours." The true intentions are already revealed but giving face is still important.

"I do not hold any kind of grudge towards your Ruler but just a mere girl is not enough for a guarantee, don't you think?"

The Emperor was now playing his cards but between the verbal tug of war among these two,  Jean was the one who was dying from all the tension.

'Your Majesty! The mere girl you are referring to is THE Protagonist. THE PROTAGONIST Alright !!'

No matter what, the Empire of Salona was indeed inferior to that of the Credians.The Leader had no choice but to settle for a compromise,

"T-then I would request Your Majesty to state your terms of the deal."

"The Princess is welcome to stay here with us, however, all your kingdom has to do is -

Open the Braike Passage for trade in the North-West."

All sorts of gasps and murmurs echoed throughout the hall.

Even Jean was impressed by how well things were handled by him. The Escort official was now driven to the edge. He had no other choice.

"Wha-
but I alone can't make such a decision Your Majesty. We need more time."

"The Jury of Ministers.

You are to take care of this matter from this point onwards. I leave the decision to you." One command and it was over.

A chorus of the Jury's "As you command, Your Majesty" followed behind the Emperor's trail as he made his leave.

Whatsoever, the later discussions are now for a later hour. The feast is what that everyone's been looking up to.

And of course...the dancers especially brought from the Norelatt prefecture of the Eastern parts of Credia are surely a sight to behold.

.
.

Crown Prince Leon presided over the banquet in the Emperor's stead.

The euphony of music filled the entire place, echoing throughout every corner of the palace. Groups of men stood together enjoying this blissful evening ignorant (or rather) indifferent to the sufferings of the very soul that was sacrificed for such an occasion.

At the other side of the hall Jean slowly and steadily kept his eyes glued to the main celebrities of today's scene.

Lorelei was now surrounded by a few of the palace maids assigned to her. It was more like being kept under surveillance. After just exchanging a couple of words with the people she was very carefully led towards her own arranged chambers.

His eyes followed her every step and only withdrew them after she could no longer be seen.

'Ah- right

Suddenly remembering the presence of the leads Jean had to roam around a bit before he finally saw the shadows of them silently observing the happenings of their surroundings.

They stood in a rather inconspicuous corner of the room beside a huge pillar draped in thick curtains, almost making them invisible in the dark.

According to the main series following the plot, Jason was supposed to cause a huge uproar at this event. But since Jean is now in Jason's place this incident didn't occur and Jean was careful not to make a single mistake.

Today's Justus was dressed all in black with his hair slicked back in a perfect way that not even a single hair was sticking out of place. It was his eyes that shined brightly and sharply due to his get-up.

Jean was beyond mesmerized by his creation. And when he drifted his eyes towards Emile his breathing almost stopped.

Emile was wearing his usual light colors but something about him looked different now that he was away from himself and the prying eyes of the servants.

It was at this moment of his trance when Emile's gaze fell on him following which Justus too looked in his direction.

Flustered Jean could only nod at them and quickly fled from their eyes.

The voice of the songstress echoed like that of a Nightingale's cry in the late hours of a lonely night.

Sighing as he calmed himself down Jean now observed his surrounding. Alone, he stood in a corridor with little to no men loitering about.

No secrets are shared here.

No romances were made.

He was alone and his heart was lonely too as the night grew deeper with the passing second ticking by.

The author has something to say: This one was a rather short chapter but hey! We did get to see the Female protagonist up close(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

What do you think is gonna happen next?🤔