5

We told the driver we would walk to the town mall for a little while and gave him a time so he could pick us up.

We ended up splitting up.

I bought a few things from the boutiques since we exchanged currency at the airport.

It was around 5:20 and we were meeting up at 6 so I went into this bookstore.

As I walked in the door chimed making it aware someone stepped in.

"Bem-vindo," A short older spoke looking at me through her glasses a book in her hand.

[Welcome in]

I nodded and smiled before going through an aisle and scanning through books.

As I scanned through the aisle I could see an English section of every genre at the end of every aisle.

I saw this interesting book and scanned through the pages wanting to buy it but I couldn't find the other copies.

I looked up to see it on the second to top shelf.

I tried to reach for it struggling on my tippy toes before I felt someone's arm slide past mine to grab the book.

I turned around to see a tall male with sunglasses on holding the book up to me.

I couldn't tell if he was attractive or not but he had a couple of tattoos and looked around my age.

He cleared his throat.

"Você quer?" He asked

He had a heavy accent making it hard for me to understand it so I just looked at him.

"Do you want the book" He repeated in English

"Sorry yes thank you obrigado," I said embarrassed, grabbing the book and walking out the aisle.

I looked through a couple of more aisles before making my way up to the cash register where the lady stood not noticing me standing there for a minute.

"R$10,67 é a sua mudança" She announced looking at me with an annoyed face.

[$10.67 is your change]

I could understand the total so I opened my purse looking through the cash I had not had enough.

I looked behind to see if I was holding a line and there he was the guy with the sunglasses.

He just stared.

I turned back around to relook in my purse to see if I missed any cash.

I was going to just put the book back and come another day until I looked over to see the man putting his card into the reader.

"Thank you so much I owe you" I stated excitedly as she put the book in a bag handing it to me.

"Ice cream" He stated

I look dumbfounded

"Excuse me?" I asked confused.

"You owe me Ice cream" He replied turning to look at me.

The receipt was pulled and passed to the guy as he smiled at the lady.

"Obrigado," He said to the lady

He passed the receipt to me and opened the door holding it open.

Oh, he's serious.

I walked out of the store following after he walked ahead of me.

There was an ice cream shop two doors from the bookstore so there wasn't much of a walk.

We both walked in seeing it kinda packed.

We stood in line side by side not saying a word.

"O que posso trazer para vocês?" The cashier said with a smile

[What can I get you guys?]

"Vou levar uma casquinha de waffle de baunilha" He said not having to look over the menu

"Boring" I muttered looking up at the menu.

"So you can understand Portuguese" he scoffed

"I can understand a little, not a lot but I definitely heard vanilla between those lines, I'll take mint chocolate chip on a regular cone," I replied rolling my eyes.

He repeated my order before she gave the total.

I handed her the cash with no change back.

We both walked to the other side of the counter to wait for our ice cream.

"Vanilla is the best flavor" He argued

"Yeah you wish Mint chocolate chip is way better" I argued back

"That's so nasty it tastes like toothpaste" He replied

"If you want to taste my ice cream just say that," I said sarcastically

Both of our cones came at the same time grabbing them with a napkin.

We chose to sit outside and eat our ice cream.

"Here taste it" I stated shoving the cone in his face

He looked at it for a second and took the spoon taking a small portion hesitating to put it in his mouth.

Since he still had his sunglasses on I couldn't make out his facial expressions but I think he liked it.

"You like it don't you" I went on smiling waiting for an answer

"It's alright" He leads on

"Not bad but Not as good as vanilla"

I planted my hand on my forehead in defeat.

My wrist started vibrating.

I looked at a text message from Isis in all caps asking where I was.

I looked at the time seeing it was past 6:30.

I forgot we were supposed to meet up at 6:30.

I got up and grabbed all my bags.

"I'm sorry I got to go it was nice meeting you" I rushed 

"Thank you for the ice cream" He replied in a low tone seeing a small smile appear before I turned and ran to our meet spot.

It ended up being around 6:30 when we arrived back at the house and all I could think about was that guy.

It was something about him I don't know but his energy.

I could've gotten his name or something that was a loss.

"I don't even know how we're gonna fit all of this in our suitcases," I said dropping the bags near my suitcase.

"I'll work somehow," Lena says crashing on my bed.

INSTAGRAM

Milanxo

           LIKED BY ARMIN, ISIS_ARMANI, and 900 others

          Milanxo: Never going back home.

          Comments disabled.