1

2014

Opening my eyes, feeling the hot sun beam on my face made me roll over on my side.
I sat up in my bed staring at the wall for 5 minutes before Isis charged through the door into my room, opening the curtains and letting all the sunlight come into my room.

"Fuck off"

"Good morning to you too"

"It's too early for this please get out," I say pointing to the door.

"No can do, It's time," she says grinning.

"For?"

"We have not been out the country for over a year it's about time."

"And where would you wanna go?"

"Brazil, samara invited us to stay with her for a week"

"You know we aren't on good terms"

"Please, put all of it aside for a week in Brazil"

"Did you find out how much the tickets are?"

"I booked our flight's already, first class chica"

"And when did you plan this?"

"Monday night."

"Isis, so you mean to tell me you made it official Monday and decided to tell me three whole days later?"

"Leave"

"But-"

"Isis."

"Love you, Linda!" She said as she pecked my cheek and ran out of the room

We decide to go to eat at this brunch bar near the apartment.

"So what's planned while we are there?"
"About that.."
"So you planned a trip across the country, told me the day before and don't have plans for when we get there? This is crazy."

I've always wanted to go to Brazil, well mainly Rio since a was a little girl.
I use to learn Portuguese on my own so when I finally went I would know how to speak it.
I always use to beg my parents if we could go but back then me and my siblings grew up poor.
My parents always found a way to make me and my siblings happy they just couldn't promise Brazil.

Ever since it's just been on the bottom of my bucket list but now thinking about it makes me smile remembering my childhood.

After we finished eating brunch we decided to go home cause we both had some packing to do.

"Isis do you have my brush" I scream through the hallway.

I always hated packing.

"Maybe" she screamed.

I walked down the hallway to her room to see her eating a bag of chips cuddled under a blanket watching a movie.

"Are you packed already?" I say walking into her bathroom looking for my brush.

"Yeah," she said stuffing her face with chips.
When I found the brush I walked out of her bathroom and held the brush up waving it in her face.

"Sharing is caring"

"Not when you steal"

"Technically I borrowed it"

"Technically you didn't, but okay." I say leaving her room.

Since it was around 11 pm when I finished packing I decided to clean my room before I went to bed, so when I come back it's not as messy.