March 17, 2024

Hey guys,
Thanks to all those who have been reading my book. It means a lot to me.

I'm currently on my period which means I've started my journey one month ago.

I'm sorry to say I refuse to depress myself by weighing myself with the period bloat so here are some things that I've gotten right since I've started:

1. I've been working out atleast 20 minutes per day 3-6x weekly.

2. I have been eating mostly home cooked meals with a few treats here and there.

3. I have been eating more veggies.

4. I have been paying better attention to meal proportions.

5. Intermittent fasting (the picture cover for this chapter is my fasting calendar)

So basically, eating more nutritious meals and moving more. My energy levels have been more stable and my cravings have gone down significantly.  I am less out of breath when doing things as my endurance levels have improved.

I felt so discouraged and stuck 2 weeks ago and I'm in a better, more focused place right now. Very grateful it's starting to come together, I just have to remain consistent. 

For the weightloss to be maintained long term, a lifestyle change is needed and that's exactly what this first month was.
I didn't lose much weight based on the previous weigh-ins, however my foundation is being set. It's not a quick fix or anything as the body I'm creating is the body I'd like to keep for the long run.

How are you guys doing?
Happy Ramadan and Great Lent you guys. If you celebrate, use this time to de- center food and feed your spirits.
I realize that gluttony is being so normalized in today's society. Every scroll we see abnormally large portions of food being advertised, mukbangs, mountains of sugar and so forth. The spirit of gluttony runs rampant today. Use this time to pray for strength and deliverance as to reclaim your lives. Sometimes spiritual problems manifest physically.

Xoxo
Mala