Day 2

Daniel fast?

I need to eat cleaner. When I was skinny I would ALWAYS cook, and the times I didn't was when I would get roasted chicken or night out with friends. I felt so good in my body,  my energy levels were good and I really do enjoy cooking.

One of my new years resolutions is to get cooking again and I have been struggling with holding myself accountable.

However, yesterday I decided I was just gonna do it...just like the old days. Delicious and vegetarian.

I wasn't an active vegetarian however I preferred the texture of various vegetables, legumes and grains and so naturally most of my diet consisted of those foods with the occasional chicken or fish and I'm really trying to get back into that. Change my appetite to crave healthier foods.

Being healthy is really a state of mind.

So I made a chickpea curry with chickpeas, Caribbean pumpkin and potatoes, of coursed seasoned with various herbs and spices, I roasted some sweet firm ripe plantain and I had some left over raw vegetable salad that my mom made.
To say lunch was delicious would be an understatement.  I forgot how great vegetarian food is, especially when done right. That's why I loved my cooking. I felt great, happy, proud, satisfied and that within itself was positive feedback to drive me to do better.

I didn't make dinner, as when I came home my mom made plantain and peanut porridge with coconut milk. That too was delicious.

I have also been doing more intermittent fasting as stated and today I got to 19hrs.
Portion control was also very good. 

For snack I had a fruits and nuts mix.

Didn't workout or have as much water however from the fasting and food choices I am very content with the decisions I made today.

Also, last day of my period so I'm feeling more driven and energetic.

I'm looking forward to eating good and feeling better.

How was your day?

Xoxo
-Mala