Happy Monday: March 4, 2024

Hey guys? How are you?

I'm feeling a little better today. I have been staying true to the stepper.  It's challenging, yes, however it's simple and repetitive so it's easy to distract myself while I get some walk in.

I've been having some back pain for the last 3 days or so which got really bad yesterday so I didn't push myself to do too much. I just increased the height, paced myself and did 15 minutes of stepping and then some physiotherapy exercises to help ease the pain.

I also cooked so here's the meal plan for this week.

This week is meatless, hopefully it's going to progress into a meatless March overall.

I prepped some curried chickpeas and Quinoa with a side salad consisting of cucumbers and bell peppers for dinner. If I start feeling hungrier in the week I may have it for lunch.

I'm also doing green shakes this week.
So the one I have right now is a frozen mix consisting of kale, pineapple, spinach and kiwi.  I also added banana and chia seeds and I blended with a little water. I made two of those for today.

That is going to be my first meal and I asked my father to make some green juice and beat juice for me so let's see if he does it.

So the hope is to have two shakes and a cooked meal, limit snacking also but if I do need a little pick me up, I have a few dates to snack on or I may buy some pineapple slices.
If the shakes aren't going to cut it j have oatmeal.
I am still intermittent fasting so I will have unsweetened green tea or with 0 cal sugar whenever I need to.

As it relates to working out, the goal for this week is to just show up every day.
As it relates to stepping, 20- 30 minutes and then I will add some weighted exercises using my dumbbells throughout the week.

This is my game plan. I have done the meal prepping and I have been showing  up with the exercise aspect.

As it relates to a weight update, I haven't been on the scale since the last update. Have been stuck at 205.0lbs, hence why I made a full on game plan this week to set myself up for success.

One important thing I need to point out is that being stagnant does not equal to failure. I lost zero pounds last week, however the fact that I was able to control my eating enough  to maintain my weight was victory within itself. I have been conscious of making healthier choices and moving more. Those are the foundation of a healthy weightloss journey. So if you are making an effort and you haven't been losing, it doesn't mean that progress isn't being made.
Also, if you're eating well, your hormones are fine and you are not losing weight, it is a calorie problem.
A calorie deficit is needed. For the scale to go down you need to eat less calories than what you need for each day. Let me know if you would like me to go deeper on this topic.

I am doing this challenge because I need to go all in and submit to my goals and when I make too many excuses I end up bailing and losing sight of the vision. You do not need to have all shakes and juices to lose weight.
However, if you would like to use this as motivation to do a TEMPORARY juice cleanse/ diet, go ahead. Sometimes temporary challenges such as this can be used to kick start your weightloss.
However, it is important to understand that challenges such as these are not long term solutions to loding weight. Think of them as just a fun little challenge to do. They are not sustainable.

I hope I inspired someone today. Feel free to say hi in the comments, let me know someone is reading. That would be greatly appreciated.

Also, feel free to message me on here. We can be accountability partners. 

What's your game plan for this week? Let me know and I pray for success all March!

XOXO
-Mala