07: Job hunt

Dunn was seen trying to strap her waist belt but it kept removing, causing a slap on her tummy.

   “ Why today of all days? ” Dunn groaned frustrated, She removed the waist belt hook angrily and threw it on the bed.

    “ It's past eight and I'm supposed to get there before the boss,” She screamed, realizing her lateness.

    She decided to settle for a pair of corporate grey jeans, “ What the hell are you still doing at home by this time?! Are you not supposed to be seated at the reception? Laura entered with a towel in her hand.

    “ I can't find any dress so I settled for a pair of jeans and now I can't find a top to wear on them” She mouthed, turning her eyes around the room.

    Laura was just mute, She went to Dunn's closet after climbing heaps of cloth. “ With all the clothes here, You still can't find a suitable top for your jeans?” Laura asked, opening the closet, she threw three different tops at Dunn with a frown.

    “ Can you please help me pick a pretty top, I need to look presentable to a clothing store interview?” Dunn begged, looking at her wristwatch restlessness.

    Laura pulled down all the clothes in the front closet, She turned to Dunn with a frown “ You should try this out” She threw a sky-blue long-sleeve shirt at her.

    Dunn picked up the shirt and tried it on, “ Wow, it fits me perfectly” Dunn smirked.

    “ It's almost 9 and you are still here looking at yourself, You love being jobless right?” Laura screamed at Dunn before hitting her with a flat corporate black shoe.

    “ oh my gosh, I have to go” Dunn rushed out, not bothering to wear the shoe correctly, with a fitting black bag hanging on her right shoulder.

    “ You should have woken up earlier” Laura smiled at her friend before going back in to prepare for office.

    *************

    “ I don't have money for a cab” Dunn waved off the cab and stopped to carry her.

    “ You don't look poor though” The cab man drove off leaving Dunn to think about what he just said.

    Dunn processed what the cab man said, again and again, She raised her head in shock.

    “ Who the hell does he think he is?” She clicked her tongue angrily before running off to the Rizma Clothing store.

    In the next ten minutes, she met herself standing in front of the store trying to catch her breath.

    Opening the entrance door, eyes fell on her causing her to move uncomfortably. The clothing store was much bigger than she thought.

    The clothing store looked like a company as she thought.

    “ Excuse me, ma'am, What do you want to buy?” A blonde lady with a staff tag queried with a smile.

    “ Oh sorry, I'm not here to buy something, I came for a job interview” Dunn returned the smile heartily.

    The lady's mouth curved into a smile before releasing a laugh, Dunn wondered what was so funny.

    “ You mean you are here for a job interview at this time? Even if you want to apply as a cleaner, You should have been here before everyone” The lady laughed again as she walked away to attend to other customers.

    Dunn looked at the lady till she was out of sight, “ I wonder why they employed a bird, with her tiny shoulder” Dunn hissed and walked towards a room with the name ‘ Reception ’ molded at the entrance.
    She entered the room and went straight to the receptionist. She didn't bother looking back at the people in the reception.