The Show Must Go On

3rd Person P.O.V
The cannibals all gathered outside the hotel, practising with their weapons. Charlie watches them all from the hotel's entrance and sighs as Vaggie and (Name) come up to her. "Oh, I wish my mom were here to see this." Charlie said.

"The cannibals seem ready to fight. Are we?" (Name) asked. Sir Pentious then bursts out of the hotel's doors, wearing a Victorian-style British army uniform and looking proud of himself. "Fear not, damsels. I shall have the staff ready for victorious combat!"

"What in the hell are you supposed to be?" Vaggie asked and Sir Pentious gives a salute. "General Pentious, reporting for duty. I'll turn those rapscallions into soldiers in no time at all!"

"Thank you, Pen." Charlie said, then Niffty comes running around the hotel's entrance and up to Sir Pentious. "What can I do to help?" She asked. "I'm glad, you asked, soldier. The base needs fortifications. Reinforce the southern wall! Create a moat around the perimeter to stop a ground assault." Sir Pentious said, drawing a line around her in the dirt but Niffty just blinks up at him, having no idea what he just said.

"How about this. If you see an angel, stab it!" Charlie said, kneeling down to hand Niffty a small blade. Niffty sees Angel a few metres away, and thinking that he is what Charlie meant, she runs towards him with her knife. "Stab! Stab! Stab!"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey!" Angel exclaimed, climbing up the pole he was leaning on. "Not him!" Charlie called out. Niffty looks disappointed but runs off to find other things to stab. Angel does a flip and lands on the ground, before walking over to stand with the girls and Sir Pentious.

"Listen up, sinners! We've got 24 hours before the Extermination begins. Let's get to work." Vaggie said in her dill sergeant style. Charlie is given Alastor's microphone and prepares to give a speech to the cannibals and the hotel's residents. "Hello?" She said and taps microphone. "I want to thank everyone for coming. Even people who aren't staying here yet... Cherri."

"Look, I can't resist a fight, okay? Especially when I get to tag team with this fuckhead." Cherri said, wrapping arm around Angel, who smiles. "Tomorrow, the Exorcist Angels will face a Hell ready to defend itself and win!" Charlie continues. "Yeah! Yeah, we will! Tell 'em, baby!" Vaggie said, cheering her girl on.

"Yes! And we are-we are going to win! But in case we don't, I want you all to know... that getting to know you has been the biggest honor of my life. Whatever redemption really means, I know you all tried. I have seen the good in all of you. And it's... I-I'm just... I love you all, so much, and-and live tonight however you want because..." Charlie continuous.

"We're all gonna die!" Niffty shouted out and laughs maniacally, killing the mood for everyone. (Name) looks around and starts clapping. "Alright! Let's give it up for not dying! Love not dying." She said, getting no reaction out of the crowd. "Drinks?" She said, with an awkward smile.

Inside the hotel, the gang are sharing drinks, talking and laughing with one another. "I mean, personally, I'm excited. It's been a while since I stabbed anyone and really meant it, you know what I mean?" Vaggie said.

"Cheers, bitches!" Cherri exclaimed. "Yeah!" Husk agree. "Here's to us!" Angel said. "Damn straight!" (Name) said. "Here's to being alive today and not dying tomorrow!" Sir Pentious toast.

Alastor and Niffty watch the rest of the group drinking from the mezzanine. "Ah, the celebratory night before a courageous last stand. It's been a surprising thrill to witness these wayward souls find connection. Almost makes one sentimental, eh, Niffty?" Alastor said.

"I really like them, Alastor. They let me put on roach puppet shows without booing!" Niffty said, smiling. "Ah, an enjoyable collective to be around. I admit one could get accustomed." Alastor said, watching everyone.