ᖭི༏ᖫྀ 001

"And when I'm back in Chicago, I feel it"

୨⎯  ♡  ⎯୧

"GOD, WHAT KIND OF LIBERO ARE YOU?" Coach Sata shouted, her eyes locked on your team's libero, Suzuki Aoi. The two of you stood right next to each other, huffing and puffing as you both tried to catch your breath, the only noise in the gymnasium was the sound of balls dropping and bouncing on the floor from your other teammates who weren't currently in the drill.

"You can't pass, you can't dig - you're practically useless out there." She fumed again slamming her clipboard onto the ground, you slightly flinched at the words despite them not being targeted at you, but Suzuki didn't seem to mind. She stood there taking Coach's words like a champ while also catching her breath. Maybe if you had paid more attention you could have noticed the way her body started to shake.

"This is ridiculous." Coach Sata yelled and
Assistant Coach Yamada quickly rushed over, picking up the clipboard and trying to calm down Sata.

Maybe she was used to this type of behavior, Suzuki was a second-year after all. She had a year before you to get used to this type of coaching, but as you looked around at the other girls on your team, it seemed like this was the worst they'd seen her.

To be fair, Coach Sata had a bad reputation before you joined the girls' volleyball club at Itachiyama. She used to play for the school herself and lead her team to Spring Nationals winning first place along the way. Apparently, everybody used to call her the Crazy Bitch from Itachiyama because she used to always get riled up at games.

There were several rumors of her threatening commentators, other players, and her coaches, and one time she threw her shoe at a referee for calling a supposedly bad play.

Coach Sata looked like she was two seconds away from ripping her hair out as she continued to yell, "How does a wing spiker—a wing spiker—pass better than you! She's been kicking your ass the entire time, might as well make her libero and kick you off the team." If this was a cartoon you were sure that there would be steam coming out of her head. You glanced over at Suzuki again, who looked like her world was about to end on the spot. There was a slight tremble on her lips.

It was after dark and all the other teams at the training camp had already retired for the night, but Coach Sata insisted that the team needed more reps and more practice. You won all your practice matches for today but it still wasn't enough for her, she wanted to work everybody to the bone. So she set up more drills and was constantly putting you up against your teammates. Coach turns to look at you, and you get the feeling she's looking for an excuse to throw you under the bus as well, especially since she's never managed to get you even once in the past.

You're the best on the team. No offense to all the other players, but you ranked number 1 player worldwide. So Coach Sata can rag on your technique all she wants when you're playing, but you weren't the ace of the team and a starter while being a freshman for no reason. It was her who put you in this position in the first place, when you tried out she claimed you had the best all-round skill and that she was impressed. Coach Sata was impressed with you, and you planned to keep it that way.