ᖭི༏ᖫྀ 000

╭────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╮

PRESENT TIME

╰────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╯

SWEAT DRIPS DOWN your forehead as you deliver a final blow to the volleyball, sending it between the blockers and straight down onto the other side of the court with a deafening sound. The flap on the scoreboard flips over reading twenty-five - six and you let out a sigh of relief, lifting your t-shirt up to swipe at the sweat threatening to fall any further.

A loud clap echo in the gymnasium from head Coach Kumagai and she stands up from the bleachers, "You all played exceptionally well today. Keep up the hard work and dedication, and we will be ready for our next match. But for now, you've earned a day off. Rest up and get ready to bring your A-game to the next practice."

The team cheers and begins to take down the net and clean up the gym. You go to help untie the net when one of your teammates approaches you, "Awesome fucking kill dude. Hit straight past Hinata and Chiyo! Ahhhh, if I were the hitters for ZZS, I would be scared for our next match." Wakana gushed and playfully hit your shoulder.

She was one of the first girls you made friends with on the team, you had known her from pre-training camps before you got recruited for the Ryuujin Rockets (a V.league 1 team) and played against her several times when you were in high school due to her going to a neighboring school. The first time she approached you during the training camp, she made a comment on how much you'd changed since high school and you guys had been best friends since.

She really had no idea how much those words meant to you.

Wakana was a force to be reckoned with and one of the country's best setter while you were her ace, often times she reminded you of some old high school friends. The two of you got along great and worked well with one another which was why Coach Kumagai always put you two together.

She became a friend on and off the court ..

"Wouldn't have been able to do it without the amazing set," you smiled at her and she lifted her hands to high five you, which you complied with. "Dream team!" she sung as the two of you continued to help take the net down while you talked to a few of your other teammates about your next match.