TEN

The drive into town feels extremely long and slow, leaving you feeling ready to go home before you even begin shopping. Wanting to get everything as quickly as possible, you head to the hardware store first since it'll be easier to get those items first as there aren't many things you need in order for Jason to build his shack.

It takes less than an hour to get the needed items as a nice worker helped you pick out the perfect tools for the job. Once your trunk is filled with the heavy tools, you make your way to the grocery store. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get what everyone wants and you can head home before dark.

Walking into the grocery store, you grab a basket and begin walking around the different aisles, occasionally tossing items into the basket. Slowly but surely you cross everything off the list, mentally cringing as you think about how much it all is going to cost. It takes a few baskets to get everything, you having to drop the full ones off at the counter. Maybe next time you'll bring Lester with you just to have an extra hand.

Once all of the groceries are collected, you approach the counter with the final basket. The worker gives you a bit of a pitying look as they begin scanning the items, the constant beep making your head begin to ache. After what feels like an eternity they get every item scanned and bagged before giving you the total which nearly makes your eyes bulge out of your head.

With an empty wallet and arms filled with bags, you struggle to carry everything to your car. The one thing you hate about the small grocery store is that they don't have shopping carts leaving you to carry everything all at once.

About halfway to your car one of the bag straps snap, the contents spilling all over the parking lot. Your head droops in annoyance as you try not to scream in frustration. Thankfully, before you even get the chance to attempt to gather the spilled items two very handsome young men swoop in to help you.

"Don't worry, we've got it." The one with dyed hair flashes you a heart fluttering smile as he kneels down alongside is friend as the both of them begin to gather the items into their arms.

"Thank you so much." You sigh in relief, insanely grateful for their kindness. "I probably would've dropped even more if I attempted to bend down to pick everything up."

The few items are quickly gathered and passed off to the man who has yet to speak before he heads inside to get the bagged again for you. The man with dyed hair remains by your side as he carefully takes a few of the bags from you to lighten the load, following you to your car.

"I really appreciate your help." You tell him as the two of you reach your car.

He smiles bashfully with a shrug of his shoulders. "It's no problem. The name's Stu by the way. And my buddies name is Billy."

"(Y/N)." You introduce yourself just as Billy comes jogging over with your newly bagged groceries. You thank him a second time before popping your trunk in order to put everything away. Focused on putting everything in the trunk, you fail to see the look the two of them exchange with each other.

"Big project?" Billy questions, speaking for the first time.

You glance towards the tools taking up most of your trunk space. "Building a new shed. I'm planning to start gardening soon and need somewhere to store everything." The lie surprisingly slips out easily. Though, it's not a lie that you do plan to start gardening soon as it will save you money on groceries and give Bubba something to do.

"You going to build it by yourself?" Stu asks in slight disbelief, looking a bit impressed.

Knowing you can't exactly tell them about Jason or the others, you simply nod in agreement. You have a feeling Stu tends to be a bit nosy and may ask questions if you mention someone else. They've both already asked more questions than you probably should have been comfortable with.

"Do you want help?" Billy questions, and for some reason the look in his eyes sends a shiver down your spine.

"No thank you." You wave him off, slamming the trunk shut since all of the groceries have been put inside. "I tend to prefer doing things on my own. Thanks for the offer, though."

"Well, it was nice meeting you (Y/N). We'll let you continue on with your day." Stu suddenly says his farewells almost as if he noticed how suddenly uncomfortable you seemed. He places his hand on Billy's shoulder, steering him away as he gives you one last wave.

You quickly get into your car, shaking off the odd feeling you randomly got from them before starting the vehicle and beginning your long drive home. The unexpected meeting unfortunately added a bit of time to your outing and the sun is already beginning to dip in the sky.

You feel a bit annoyed at knowing part of your drive home will be in the dark but you know there's nothing you can do about it now. The only thing you can do is try your best to make it home safely without any problems. At least you're going home to your boys who always seem to make things better.